Thursday, December 1, 2011

jabs

Dear Baby Bean,

According to Babycenter.com you are now as heavy as a butternut squash and 15 inches long from head to heel.

Could you tell I was smiling today?  All day today you were kicking me, punching and throwing lots of left hooks. A jab here or there.  All day I had to continue on....working away...talking to people but secretly smiling on the inside.  I know you were communicating with me and my way of speaking back came in the form of a hand resting on my expanding belly and an internal smile.  I hope you saw, heard, and felt me and my love for you.

Do you hear your big brother? Lately he is talking so much.  Tonight he told me that he loved Frosty the Snowman and Frosty loved him.  Those were his words!  I agreed with him and then he told me "and the baby".  He already loves and adores you so much. 

Do you feel your big sister Bailee?  She has been attempting to hop on the bed earlier each night.  She wants to snuggle up close and keep you and me warm as the weather gets colder.  She is going to spend a lot of time watching you as you grow and I know you'll show her some love and give her gummy smiles.

Have you heard your Dad lately?  He is coming up with some new names for you.  So far you haven't reacted to many of them.  He is so excited for your arrival but is so relaxed in every way.  I can't wait for you to give him a run for his money.  I'm counting on you for that.

Did you hear my patient today? She said "Oh, you are going to have a big baby!".  Others say "oh you've already dropped" or even "wow you just popped!".  That's because you sit/lay/swim so low in my stomach.  I haven't dropped but you prefer to lay low.  Is this a sign you'll be a relaxed baby? 

The time is coming soon...some days I think not soon enough.  Other days I want the time to slow down.  I hope you're comfortable in there, eating and drinking well while you rest up before your big descent.  We love you and can't wait to meet you.  Let's have an uneventful next few months.
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laughed at "the big descent." :) Uneventful is the best kind of third trimester, and hopefully it goes at just the right speed for you.
T