Thursday, September 20, 2012

7 Months

Where is time going?
Flying fast fast fast!



Hughie has had an exciting month. He still is not sleeping through the night, despite multiple new attempts, practices and tactics.  The doctor told us he is really ready, old enough, big enough and nothing stopping him....except for maybe Andy and me.  Our fault? Not possible (wink, wink).  We want him to sleep so bad we can taste it and let me tell you....the thought of a full nights sleep is the sweetest gluten free taste ever. We are just about to turn that corner.



Our nights are filled with this.....

But our days are filled with this...

So that makes up for it. 

This last month was the month of Hughie's first tooth.  His first tooth popped and there are at least 2 more on the way.  Eli is well aware that Hugh can't eat anything yet because he can't chew  I'm gonna miss that big gummy grin but lil baby-tooth smiles also melt my heart to mush.





This is also the month that Hugh tasted fruit!  He loves his banana, pears, prunes and peaches.  Soon he'll try mango, plums and applesauce.  He is still a veggie connoisseur.




This is also the month that Hugh to the Lou learned to sit up all on his own.  He is pretty good but as you see, he gently falls and is happy on his tummy.  He will soon be on the move and I'm dreading this.  He is scooting backwards a bit and trying to get on his knees but I consider myself lucky that he hasn't figured it out yet.  I'm sure it makes me a terrible mom to admit that, but I love a sitting still Hugh. When he starts scooting around I know it will be a whole new ball game and the score will be Hugh: 100 and Mom: 0.


 He loves his brother and his dog.  He acts very exuberant and excited when he watches Eli move around.  The sound of their giggles colliding is enough to forget about our sleepless nights.  I can tell these brothers are going to be friends.  (They both move so much, it's really hard to get a good picture of the 2 of them. )

See ya next month. Just a tad bigger and with reports of more adventures. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is too cute! Can't believe how big they are getting.
T

KB said...

HOly man, he is sooo big. In the short three weeks that I stopped watching them soo much has happened for Hugh! Can't wait to see some toothy smiles and hear about the adventures scooting!!! Miss those little boys :(

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

Hughie..grow baby grow! Keep up the learning and exploring. It's important. It's keeping a smirk on your momma's face, too! Keep being content and happy during the day...but learn to be restful and at peace at night..and all will be right in the world!
pw