Friday, March 23, 2012

Sleep

Bed time is a hassle.  All the little games....urggggg.
Andy can't stand it. We still try to take turns but sometimes with nursing Hugh, Andy ends up doing it 2 nights in a row.  But I'm in charge of more nap times lately so I think it evens out.  Eli loves his books but that's where the love of bed time ends for him.

The cute part of bed time is that when we tell him it's time-he knows it and goes to brush his teeth. But first he says "It's time o'clock?".  He really thinks "time o'clock" is the actual time on the clock depicting bed time.

And he's totally in that age appropriate bracket of playing every game he can to avoid the inevitable.  He pulls out ALLLLL the stops.  Sometimes it's hard not to laugh. But after a while it's becomes very easy not to laugh and really hard not to cry in frustration. 

Some of course the classics:
 I'm thirsty
I can't find teddy, earl, pingu (his animals)
My feet are stuck
I'm not tired
I want another story

but what about:
I am sick
My heart is sick
There is a monster, witch, volcano
I want to put pennies in my bank

And there are more.

He sleeps pretty soundly when he does fall asleep.  But his nap is shorter and shorter.  There is NO way I'm giving up his nap for at least another year.  I will lock that little boys bottom in his bedroom and demand a nap.  Does that sound harsh?  The weather has been nicer-hotter. Although we have the ceiling fan going in his room-this is how he wakes up (do you think this could be why his naps are short?).





Either way...it's always a joy to be around him right after he has woken up.  He is just sweet as pie right after nap time or in the morning-which usually means that even if it was only 45 minutes or it was 2 hours, he is well rested and ready to get movin' on.

No comments: