Eli is not yet interested in potty training. He's making steps towards it, but is very resistant to the idea of sitting high up on the throne. He will now tell you when he is wet or when he needs to go number 2. (is that the blog-appropriate way to write that?).
Usually if we suggest sitting on the potty he will fuss and whine and even start to cry-so we always let it go. Last night Andy was giving him a bath and he noticed he was in position to do his duty. In the tub! Andy quick said "no not in the tub!". So he swiftly put him on the potty and not a minute later, dripping wet, all 26 lbs of I'll Eli man made a splash-in the potty! I came running in and saw the biggest smile on his face. Eli was sooooo proud. Proud like I've never seen before. "I went poopy" he said (direct quote-therefore not blog-appropriate terminology). I couldn't believe it. I let out my traditional "eeeeeeeeeeeee" but still was in disbelief. "are you sure?" I asked.
But it's always a good idea to check it out...as we lifted him off the potty we noticed it was a beautiful, rich purple color. "awwwww Eli! What a great try! How did that happen?" At the bottom of the toilet was not what we expected. Instead we saw a purple bath/soap crayon that Eli uses to draw with had sunk to the bottom. The crayon must have been stuck between his 2 little cheekers and to him it felt like he had actually gone to the bathroom and instead the crayon just un-stuck itself and dropped in the toilet!
This was one of the highlights of my weekend. Yes, when you become a parent, the bathroom habits of your littles can become the highlight of your weekend.
3 comments:
hahaha absolutely LOVE this :) i think poopy or #2 are both blog appropriate :)
Oh my gosh, this is too funny!! I had to read it again to make sure I read it right and than just started laughing out loud so hard!! This is one to always remember!!
Laugh out loud funny :)
Post a Comment