He had his 2 week appointment yesterday and we found out he is at the 50% for his weight and just over the 75% for his height. He seems HUGE to me. And it's such a relief.
He is now the size that Eli (his little big brother) was at 2 months! Hey sister-he may compete with Henry's 20 lb mark! Although it is such a relief it is also scary. I just don't want this boy to grow up. I want him to be baby-ish for as long as possible. He fits perfectly in newborn size clothes now and will be venturing into 0- 3 month clothes soon!
Hugh was born with this furrowed brow-these lines on his forehead. It made me laugh. They go away when he sleeps and when he tries out his other moods and expressions. He makes lots of funny faces and everyone says they are seeing a lot of Eli in him. I'll take it because I think Eli was darn cute!
| I love your sscrunchy face |
We've been asked about nicknames a lot. Andy and Eli and I are open to having different nicknames for Hugh. What pops out of my mouth is Hughie, Houghie Lou and Hugh Berry. Andy calls him Hughie and Moose (he also calls Eli Moose). We've heard a few others from some and it's cute when many little kiddos can't say Hugh and it comes out "Who". I'm sure with time....nicknames will stick.
Eli is still getting accustomed to sharing the attention. He does often ask where Baby Hughie is but doesn't want to hold him or talk to him much. I know this will change as Hugh becomes more interactive. Eli does talk about how he will be able to play this or that with his brother, yet he still tells people he has a baby sister. Eli has been feeling a little under the weather with a cold and seems tired to me. His behavior has tapered off-often times more naughty when Andy and I are both home and listening better when it's just me at home. Last night Eli helped make dinner. We had salad, a chicken and pea casserole and a banana. He wanted to help make the salad. Usually we give Eli cooked vegetables because in the past he has sort of coughed on lettuce-he always eats his fruits and veggies before his entree. So I decided it was time to re-try. So we made a small salad for him with lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli and green peppers. MAN was that boy passionate about his salad. He dug right in and wouldn't put that fork down for any other part of dinner. Made this dietitian/mom beam.
I can tell that these days I am all about baby and family and being a mom. I just can't seem to blog about anything else or stay interested in anything that doesn't deal with those topics. It's my life right now. And I'm letting it take over. It's only fair-because it's such an amazing life-to be a mom.
Today:
I already cleaned the kitchen and had a big breakfast
I already drank 24 oz water (watch out Sarah!)
Will rest with Hugh
Fold the laundry
Make dinner-chicken, sweet potatoes and another salad
Head to the library when the big boys get home
Think of Erika often-Happy Birthday sister in law!
Change lots of diapers and give many kisses (that's a given)
What's for dinner in YOUR house?


6 comments:
Such cute boys! You sound SOOOO happy :)
Relish every minute. Glad you are enjoying this new phase of your life. JG
Love that blue and yellow hat!! Enjoy hearing about all those little things. Makes it so personal and real. He looks like matt Roeder in a few of the pics to me!!! Hahaha. Cute nicknames..it'll be fun to see what sticks!
Pw
Looking at this again and laughing at the faces he has in that homemade onesie. Like he's wearing a little bowtie and he knows it so he has a more formal serious face:) TOO cute.
I love your pictures. You've got such a sweet little boys!
We had stir fry ;)
What a good looking family! Thanks for sharing the pics of Hugh in the bow-tie onesie! I especially love the first one with the oh-so-serious look. So cute!
Post a Comment