Saturday, October 9, 2010

October...thoughts


Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine.  It amazes me that so many houses in this neighborhood are decorating for it!  Many friends get "in" to this holiday!  I have never been to a haunted house because they scare the bajeebers out of me.  Trick or treating was something to do with my friends-but I always felt greedy going door to door.  I did like costumes...in the daylight.  But even during college when everyone was dressing up and going out on the town, I usually found an excuse to stay home and rest from a soccer game or study for a test.  How lame!  It is what it is.  This year Eli will go to a costume party!  He's not even 2! We will take him to the neighbors for trick or treating. And today he got his first pumpkin!  I adore that pure joy on Elijah's face in the first picture!

I do agree that fall is a fun season.  And I'm ready for it.  I'm a jeans and sweater kind of girl.  I hate shorts and I don't even really like tank tops.  I like wearing a fleece and feeling cozy instead of a scarf and a hat and feeling freezy.  I love the colors (Check out my sisters blog www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com for some pretty colors).  We hope to get Up North to see some of the fall colors before it's too late.  Today we took Eli to a park in attempts to get a pretty picture but he wouldn't stand still (pictures of THAT to come).

Today is my dad's birthday.  We got him a card with a yummy looking rotisserie chicken a big frosty mug of beer on it that said "Here's a hot chick and a mug of beer for your birthday".  I thought it was right up his alley.  He is out on his boat today-amazing this fall weather. I hope he gets to go to Chuck's for his birthday dinner.  Last week at this very time he was putting Elijah to bed for the first time all by himself and he did amazing!  Happy birthday Dad/Grandpa Bob!

It's been a rough week in our house because Eli and I have both been sick.  Making him happy, comfortable and satisfied when he is over tired, with runny nose and a yucky cough is difficult when I myself had/have a pounding headache.   Poor Andy who is dealing with both of us.  Because of the mild weather today we were still able to get out and Eli was very independent.  He did not want to go with mom and dad. He wanted to walk everywhere and collect acorns and hold 10 of them in his 2 small hands.  Below are some pictures of him in action.  You can see how busy he is and how he is always in a hurry to get to the next place. 









 Remember a while back when I honored one of my hero's on my blog?  Well Solider Joey and his wife Melissa sent Eli a Christmas present last year and it's a cute army sweat suit.  Here he is in all his glory! So cuddly!
 Another Christmas present that came to good use during the Packer games is this farm that Aunt Sarah and family gave Eli.  We pulled it out and he LOVED it.  He loved it so much that he thought he could get inside. I could see the little gears winding, cranking, turning in that little head of his.  The barn was SO much fun he wanted to play IN the barn with the animals.  He turned around and attempted to scoot his little hinder into the barn.  It didn't work. So he turned around and tried to shove his foot into the barn.  I think in his mind it was as if he could just get part of his body in, the rest of him would shrink and suck in and he would be playing IN the barn.   
The 2nd picture is what happened when he realized he couldn't get IN the barn.


At the end of the day, Eli's good buddy Bailee shares a favorite spot-under the coffee table.  Man that dog puts up with a lot!  


Happy October.  More to come in the days ahead as Eli continues to run, dance, grow and is
always movin' on.

6 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

ABSOLUTELY love that first picture with the pumpkin. I can't wait to see him in walking ...well maybe running motion. He is becoming such a little person! Glad you got out and enjoyed some fresh air.

Loved ALL the updates and pictures!

Love, Aunt Sarah

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

i obviously am one of the friends that LOVE fall, halloween, OCTOBER and all the things you listed above--i'm also a sweater and jeans kinda girl.
love the first pic, just like auntie sarah! such a joyful smile on his face!!
pw

Barb said...

Eli is so full of wonder and delight, exploring every single moment of his awake hours, unless he's resting in mom or dad's lap, which I don't think is that often. I could watch him all day long! Great pumpkin shots.

Nora said...

Such fun photos! What is Eli going to be for Halloween? I'm having a hard time coming up with an idea for Eliot. :)

kara said...

Really enjoyed the last few posts, Raina- LOVE the pics of Eli and pumpkins.

Ross Family said...

Oh my goodness...I love all the pictures! He is such a little boy now!! Thanks for the putting up the pic of him in his sweatsuit, he looks so cuddly and cute! I want to just pick him up and squeeze him! I also love the picture of him under the table with bailee, so darn cute!!