Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Grace...

Some grace in the small things from this week:

1. I attended a journaling workshop with my mom. It was 2.5 hours long-in the evening-on a rainy night where we both probably would have loved to be in our jammie pants and tshirts. I went with no expectations except some good quality time with my mom. It turned out awesome! It was quiet, tranquil and easy. That's how I'll describe that. The leaders of the group taught us to reflect and reflect and reflect some more. I enjoyed the quiet and wondered what my mom was reflecting about.

2. I have some great office mates. When I have a patient that sucks the life out of me (aka makes my day stressful) those 2 can make me laugh, even if we are just picking on each other.

3. Eli's learning so many new things! He now points to his nose and ears on command. He tries to say "nose" and he also says: night night, knock knock, dog, out, up and more. Every little new thing is so exciting. At night when he's rocking with me he'll take his binkie out and point at his nose and say "no" (he tries to say nose without the s). It MELTS MY HEART.

4. A funny post about Diet Coke written by my sister on her blog made me smile today.

5. Eli goes for his 15 month appointment tomorrow. Oh boy I am so excited. Andy and I are predicting 20-21 lbs and can't wait for him to hit that mark!

6. Modern Family has restarted and it's on the same night as Survivor. Don't call me on Wednesday nights!

7. My goddaughter LB has her 2-year old birthday party this weekend. I'm so excited to celebrate with her!

8. One of Eli's care takers Ms. Kristi sent some pictures of Eli playing outside to my work email. That made my day.

9. I finally had time to add 2 friends blogs to my blog list (on the right) and updated my book shelf!

10. I've gotten a few requests to post a video of Eli's skills on his 2 feet. Below is a video that will show
a. Some walking
b. him drinking water
c. his obnoxious laugh that sounds fake (although usually the laugh lasts like 5 seconds instead of just 1 in this video).
Enjoy all you friends and family who live far away.

6 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH! Thanksgiving is going to be so crazy with three BOYS RUNNING Around Mom's house! Can't stand it. So fun to see! HAHAHA! Thanks for posting!

Lynne said...

he's totally got that walking thing down pat! and i love bailey randomly walking by... she wanted to be part of it too :) thanks for sharing... i hope i get to see the little E bug next weekend too!

Nora said...

Such a cute little video! Those straws a tricky little busters aren't they.

Colleen said...

He's walking like a pro! Look out world, here comes sweet Elijah Roeder. There's no stopping him now!

Ross Family said...

Wow what a good walker now!!! When I picture him walking I still picture how he was in the first video, but the truth comes out he is a PROFESSIONAL walker now!!! Loved the video...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

lily is blessed to have you in her special corner. you are so special to our family!
the walking and talking and skills just get more and more advanced each and every time i see that little man..even when it's not in person and via blog!
pw