1. Today I had a fun phone call. I got to talk to Henry! It was short, brief and not very wordy (like most men) but he is a big boy today as he managed his first night without his nuk. Go Henry go! I also got to talk to Charley who told me they got a new wooden entertainment center when I asked "What's new?" HA!
2. 3 day weekends-even if you are working all 3 days-they are still nice.
3. Cooler weather-it's cooling off and the sleep is soooo much better. We are very appreciative of the window air conditioning unit we were given but it only cools the upstairs. It's been sweaty all summer.
4. This weekend we got to spend some time with Uncle Matt and soon to be Aunt Erika. We competed with the wii and are all feeling it today!
5. A new breakfast spot-a little diner that is about 5 blocks away. The perfect spot to walk for a $5 breakfast!
6. A new favorite song: "Our Town" By James Taylor. I wanted to put it on my blog but couldn't find it. It's from the Cars soundtrack and it made me CRY as it was the perfect song to listen to as I read my sisters blog entry about "The Days are long, but the years are short". Visit www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com to read it. If you have a child-you may get emotional as well.
7. Eli is walking more and more these days. He's finally into books. He's starting to carry toys around. He is done with the bottle (but still misses it). He can blow kisses. He slept longer the last 2 mornings. I am reminded daily that he is a total blessing in my life.
8. A good book-I could include this in all my grace entries. This time it's "The Heretics Daughter" and the 3rd Hunger Games book "The Mocking Jay".
Happy Weekend and Labor Day!
2 comments:
HAHAHA! I was wondering why Charley chose to tell you and go on and on and on about the entertainment system. Too funny!
Great post! What is the picture of Eli from ????
is that bay beach?!
just starting the book club book..hoping to finish on time!
pw
Post a Comment