
2. A frozen turkey-Eli made his first turkey this weekend. There was no reason for it except that it was in the freezer and we had the time. Eli was in the Baby Bjorn while we cleaned it, stuffed it and seasoned it! I didn't learn how to do all of that from my mom until I was probably 12!
3. A helpful husband-Andy is so helpful on the weekends. Yes, he watched his share of basketball (March Madness is truly that-MADNESS when you're bracket STINKS) but he also helped in the kitchen, watched the lil man on Friday night so I could go out, folded baskets of laundry, installed a new semi-permanent baby gate and even pureed cantaloupe and black beans for Eli's meals!
4. Some good sleep-We are working on letting Eli cry through the night when he usually wakes to nurse/eat. The last 2 nights have been pretty good and for some reason (maybe the time change last weekend) he slept a bit longer in the morning too! This is definitely a work in progress and harder on me than it is on Andy.
5. Impromptu visits- we had planned on visiting my grandpa this weekend (Eli's great grandpa!) and we found out my parents were going too so we made a group visit to Great Grandpa Schneider. He seems to be well and even held Eli on his lap for a bit. This leads to #6....
6. The Cheese Factory-On the corner by my Grandpa's town there is a REAL cheese company and boy do they have the BEST string cheese ever. I bought 2 packs and one went in the freezer. I could eat a piece at every meal!
7. Good conversation-On Friday night I went to an indoor multi-family rummage with a friend of mine who is pregnant. When I drove her home to drop her off, we sat in the car for at least an hour chatting-like women do. It was great! Thanks Jessica!!!!
8. Naps-I napped Saturday and Sunday when Eli took his morning nap. THAT IS BLISS.
3 comments:
I think we can say that Eli is now bigger than the turkey! Yay! And he is already getting his daddy a beer from the fridge, thata boy! And the floor in the last picture looks so clean!
sounds like a great weekend!! glad you had so much fun, rest and productive time!!
pw
He's going everywhere now isn't he? Explore, search, peek, grab, and try to taste as much as possible along the way. See you Friday Eli!
Post a Comment