Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roeder Wrap Up

Last week was a special family week. Ms. Debbie went on vacation and left us stranded! But to no avail-Grandma Roeder (Or Gamma Wader as Eli would say) came to our rescue. And she stayed for the whole week! She helped in so many ways. It was unbelievable how helpful it was to have an extra set of hands during the week. Gamma helped feed, bathe and entertain the little E-bug (MANY walks and meals were prepared). I can't imagine how much more helpful it will be when there is another lil Roeder (no I'm not pregnant!). And it was even more fun to watch American Idol, Survivor and the Olympics with Gamma at night when the E-bug went to sleep!

Gamma was very relaxed and listened to all my "motherly instructions" and did everything to make me comfortable. Eli even napped better for her! I was so jealous....but it made for a happier boy.

Grandpa Roeder (Or Gampa Wader as Eli would say) and Aunt Monica showed up for an overnight visit on Friday, as well as dinner out with the Kohler Roeder's. On Saturday we drove to Whitewater to watch Uncle Greg Roeder play basketball! He plays for UW-Superior and it was parents night at UW Whitewater and boy was it LOUD in the gym. Eli was very in tune to all the horns, buzzers, whistles and all the shouts of encouragement from Gamma and Aunt Monica. I enjoyed watching Andy hold Eli on his lap (For the WHOLE game) and take in an exciting basketball (Andy's very favorite sport) game!

It was quiet around here today. Andy spent the morning with Elijah while I helped out at work and then he took him to see Great Grandpa in Madison. So I had some alone/"me" time. It has been good, but I am sad because I miss my boys dearly and cannot wait for them to come home to me!Below are some pics from this family-filled week. Ps-Bailee was in her glory all week-as she got a lot of extra attention. Though I did find it funny that I TRY to clean up the house and get the "guest room" all ready with towels etc. for the visitors. Look where Bailee decides to nap?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the little nikes!! so cute. miss you bailee!
pw

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

He is looking so big. Grandma time without the nosy/bossy mama or daddy around is so special. Lucky Grandma R. for getting all that time! Eli is loved by many!