Monday, February 15, 2010

I wonder why it took so long for me to realize I could sing to Eli at his bed/crib side in the ICU.

Just because he wasn't in my arms at all times…I could still sing to him and I did...but it took me a few days to get up the guts. Maybe it was because I was in shock. Maybe I was worried about what the nurses would think-there wasn't that much privacy. Maybe it just didn't sink in. I like to think that when I DID finally sing that it also soothed the other little infants who were trying so hard to get better.

Dear Eli,
The songs I sang to you were:

You are my Sunshine
Eli had a little dog (To the tune of Mary had a little lamb)
Elijah Elijah Mommy Loves You
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Love, Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elijah is a lucky boy. A very very lucky boy.
pw

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

This post reminded me of how hard that time was but how amazing you were and how quickly you grew up before my eyes!

Colleen said...

I'm surprised you were able to sing at all. It seems every time I try, I can't make it through a whole song without crying--and I didn't have to go through any of those rough times you, Andy, and Eli went through.

Anonymous said...

Eli is lucky to have parents that surround him with so much love and support. Can't believe how far you have all come, he's so big now.
JG