Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Girls Weekend, Not Moms Weekend

This past weekend I got together with 3 of my college friends.

Since I haven't been away from Elijah for a whole night, they agreed to fly/drive here and stay (free lodging) at my house so that I wouldn't have to leave my lil man. Andy helped clean the house and was on Eli-duty.

I have experienced some of the best years of my life with these gals. We played soccer together for UW-Stout and became roommates by renting the "Mustard Seed" aka "The Vortex".





Man did we have some times.....together we:
trained hard (pre-season)
competed against others
learned
cooked and ate
laughed
cried (man did we cry)
yelled
studied
slept
partied
caught mice
cleaned (some more than others)
fought
loved
led and initiated
shared
and the list goes on and on....here we are back in the day


This weekend we went out to dinner, shared some drinks, played a few games, chatted and reminisced. We had fun remembering things such as: boyfriends of the past, 21st bday parties, getting in trouble, yelling out the upstairs window at the neighbors, hating our soccer coach and long bus rides, power hours, pointless practices, freshmen initiation, other past roommates and female drama, our departures from Stout, jobs we had and left, classes we took and studied for, spaghetti dinner, arguing about the phone and the thermostat, ordering pizza and playing Dr. Mario...................

We spent time discussing our current lives and sharing about the things that trouble us these days. We are all in different places but we are all successful in our careers, drive cars, have people we care about in our lives and have our health. We are a lucky clan of girls. We shared laughs about how to draw the word "Dangle" in pictionary, we enjoyed good food and drinks and even argued over a $100 bet!
To top it off they all got a few moments with Eli. Andy was the perfect daddy playing and caring for him in the background.
Ahhhhhhhh this weekend was so good for my soul!
Here we are now (lordy how we have NOT changed):
















3 comments:

Barb said...

Friends forever! Heavy duty wonderful memories no one can take away from you Stout women!

Lynne said...

well said raina! i love this :) i had such a great time... i can't wait until we get together again

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

What the heck, I must be commenting on emails because as I am peeking here I don't see comments and I remember writing things like...girlfriend time is so healthy for the soul! I am sorry little sister!