Hey all! I added some new songs for you to listen to.
These are songs that are on my current favorite playlist.
Here is why I am listening to them:
1. Hey Soul Sister by Train: This is Andy's favorite song right now, and he likes to jam to it while driving-so now I do too! I can't help but bop to this song. Although I know it will probably be overplayed on the radio any day now...........
2. My Baby Blue by Dave Matthews Band: A song suggested by one of my greatest friends. After listening to it just once, I was hooked. Thanks Peggy!!!
3. Indigo Girl by Watershed: This has always been my "Bailee" song. For some reason I always loved singing this to her (even though I never listened to the lyrics as a whole). She is my special little girl, always will be. I especially like how at the end it says "you are the queen tonight". Anyone who knows Bailee would understand.
4. More than Life by Whitley: This song is soothing and mellow-just my style. That's the only reason I'm in to it.
5. Sweet Baby James: I actually really enjoy the version by James Taylor but I couldn't find it to add to my playlist, so instead we will all listen to it sung by Aaron Miller. The reason I like this song is because Uncle Chris sings this to his sons when they go to bed. Before I had a baby, at family get togethers I would hear Chris in the backseat or in the other room singing this very softly to his boys. I thought it was so very special. I love the song for only that reason. Cheers Uncle Chris!
6. Nightswimming by REM: A long time favorite of mine, from a band that has always topped my list!
7. Central Reservation by Beth Orton: Another of my very favorite artists---and this song brings me back to college. I would play this loudly in my dorm room. I don't think anyone else really liked it!
8. Waiting for my Real Life to Begin by Colin Hay: Same reason as #4. Anyone who knows my many many playlists from the past would know this fits in with my "style" or choice in music.
If you take the time to listen, even to just 1 of these songs-let me know what you think!
2 comments:
Sweet Baby James is one of my all time favorite songs , but I do have the James Taylor version. Love him - our wedding song was "Something in the Way She Moves" by JT.
JG
i always LOVE your playlists raina. i definately miss hearing your music all the time! :)
Post a Comment