It's me-Elijah!!!
Guess what? I'm 4 months old now. Well actually a bit older then that already! Mom and Dad can't believe it. Lots has happened to me since I last connected with you at 2 months old. I've been baptised, had croup, mom has gone back to work, I've spent a few days with Grandma Barb (alone!) and I've rolled over.
Here are a few photos of me!


Ok so let's get down to the good stuff. The details. Right?My stats:
-My head circumference is 2 cm bigger and that puts me between the 5-10th%
-My length is 24.5 inches which puts me between the25-50th %
-My weight is 11 lbs 10.5 oz which puts me at the 5th%
Mom was not happy with my stats. I don't know why, the doctor was very happy that I was on the same exact curve as before. I'm growing! I started small-I'm gonna be small-sheesh mom! The doctor said "Mrs. Roeder, he may just be a 5% baby".
I got more shots and did just fine. And the doctor had a lot of advice about sleeping better and when to start eating or taking formula.
Here is more fun stuff about me:
1. I survived my first Schneider Survivor party!!!
2. I rolled over 3 times in a row one morning before mom and dad went to work. They were so proud. Since, I have rolled over about 5 other separate times. Despite multiple tries, mom and dad can NOT catch it on video. Hee Hee. In time....
3. I'm still only sleeping 3 hours at a time at night. It frustrates mom and dad a lot-but my belly is empty-I need to eat! I'm also ready for the day anytime after 4:30 am!
4. Today was my first Halloween and I helped mom pass out candy. I was wearing my friend Lily's reindeer outfit.
5. I've only had mom's milk until today-I tried rice cereal. I sat in my highchair like a really big boy and tried to swallow some of it. I made a mess. When mom feeds me, I'm very aware of her and love to smile at her. When dad walks in, I can't concentrate at all! Another few weeks and we'll start other yummy foods. (ps-to all my mom's co-workers, I love my highchair!)


6. I have lost most of my hair.
7. Dad and Debbie both think I will be getting a tooth soon-but mom is not sold on it. I fell asleep with my giraffe toy IN my mouth IN a restaurant-what mature little boy would do that? Maybe one who was getting a tooth MOM!

8. I got 3 month pictures taken!
9. I lost my last milia this past week (my last little baby acne that was under my eye).
10. Dad can make me giggle out loud! That melts mom's heart.
11. My nicknames now are: Eli (still), Bubbis, Goobis, Bubs and Dude. Oh yeah-and Busta Brown.
12. I love to watch my big sis Bailee walk around. We're going to be great friends.
13. I also am mesmerized by the floating fish mobile in my room. Sometimes I stop nursing just to stare at the fish that are swimming in the air.
14. I have lots of friends from day care etc. They include (but are not limited to) Brook, Tanner, Shannon, Zander, Samantha, Brianna, Kaleigh, Kaiya, Nolan, Eliot, Simon, Lily and others!

15. I went to the Milwaukee Museum with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Ed, cousin Charley and Henry!
16. I'm very serious during bath time. I do kick around, but rarely do I smile.

17. I talk a lot now. I just babble babble babble. I usually wake up very happy and super surprised that it is mom and dad coming to get me!
18. I have developed a milk protein allergy-which is VERY tough on mom-but she's dealing with it pretty well. Lots of complaining, but NO cheating on this hard diet. Wisconsin IS the cheese state you know.


Welllll, I love you all but MUST go to bed now so that I can be up at 4:30 (tomorrow that is 3:30 since it's day lights saving time HEE HEE!!)Love,
Elijah Casey Roeder
3 comments:
VERY awesome report Eli! Keep up the communication skills and your Uncle Greg will be so proud of you. I watched you this week, all by myself, and it was a great joy. Thanks for all the smiles. Love, Grandma Barb
I love this blog Eli!!! Keep them coming! U are such a cutie pie! I love these blogs because I am so far away and don't get to know you like I want to, but this helps me get to know you a little better so keep them coming! Even though we are so far away, always know that you have people who live in Texas that love you very much and can't wait to see you again!!
great blog raina! sorry i haven't had access for a while due to internet disconnectivity..but i'm BACK! love the updates and love the honesty..you'll laugh at all this later...even just a few months from now!
pw
Post a Comment