Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grace in the Small Things

Many of you who read my blog also read my sister's blog so you may know what the title of this entry is all about. I'm such a negative person that who would have ever thought I would be able to come up with things to be thankful for? Well- I really want to do this. In case you aren't sure what I'm talking about-check out this entry from my sister's blog which in turn will link you to this.
Grace in small things entry #1

1. I know we get a water bill but a HOT shower is a cheap luxury. The light in our shower does not work right now, so it's a dark, warm place to just relax. No baby crying. No smelly diapers. No phone ringing. No dog barking to go outside.

2. Normal platelet and hemoglobin counts for Eli this month!

3. A great dairy free peanut butter cookie recipe.

4. The Black Eyed Peas song "I Got A Feeling" cranked!!

5. The anticipation of a NEW meal co-op (yes another neat thing I copied from my awesome older sister) on Monday!

6. Missing family-that means we have a good relationship with both sides of the family when we want to see them more often.

7. A successful book club where the little boys got to hang out (Nolan and Eli) and three members taught each other how to knit.

8. All my pregnant co-workers and friends! Can't wait to share in your joy when you're new little ones arrive!

9. The show Brothers and Sister's. LOVE IT. My emotional escape for the week.

more to come

3 comments:

gschneider said...

That doesn't sound like a book club :)

Great to hear all the good things, Rain. Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Sarah Wroblewski said...

I think this will be a really good thing for you! Doing this has impacted my life. Love that song too! And you will LOVE meal coop!

Ross Family said...

Nice Raina, I love reading your sisters blog, especially all the things she is thankfull for! Interesting to read, usually its the small stuff too!!

Raina, you have got lots to be thnakful for, my friend, so I expect a lot of these blogs! I also don't think you are negative, more pesamistic(however you spell that)! Remember how at dinner or any get together we would do our high and lows or mountains and valleys haha!! Miss doing that with you! I think we were the only ones that got into it!!!
haha