Ok so when we had a boy I didn't think shopping for clothes would be that much fun.
Oh but it is!! Was I ever wrong!!
I'd rather shop for Eli than I would for myself. I'm not a huge shopper to begin with, but when we're at the mall-I have to go in every baby clothes store and look at allllll the cute boy stuff. I don't buy a lot because it is expensive-but I would if I could. Girl stuff is cute and there seems to be a LOT of it. But boy stuff-is Studly. Handsome. Classy. Boyish. Cute. Charming. Different. Stylish. Trendy.
One of my friends once said...when you have a girl you get to go dress shopping for dances and find all this cute stuff for the first day of school and hair accessories and jewelry etc etc etc and when you have a boy-what do you get excited about? I agreed with her and said...hmm renting a tux can't be that exciting. And then there are the classic boy outfits (See below) that you fall for and put on for a friend's wedding or the little Christmas sweater vest. That seems so generic. But then you go to a garage sale and you find that sweater vest. And someone gives you an outfit that their son never even wore that is dressy or fancy.
And then you get it-you understand how shopping for a little boy is soooo fun. I imagine stuffing Eli's chubby little arms through the sleeves to make him look like a little grown up baby. Oh the pitter patter of my heart when I experience that. I want to put something like that on him every day and take him to church.
Since he was born I've had my favorite outfits on him-some borrowed and few new. My sister dresses her boys so stylish (not always the cute classic carters stuff)-I love it! But I just can't put those outfits together as well. The doctor said that he thought it was trendy he was wearing a long sleeved onesie under his short sleeved onesie and I told him it was just because he's now fitting into all his clothes that were meant for this past summer! Yesterday Andy brought home a big bag of clothes that a lady from his work was giving us. It was all in great condition! Some of it brand new. Most of it brand name. So which of my friends or co-workers is getting married in the next year?
Sweaters that cost $30 in the store-for FREE!!! I know I know, he'll probably only wear once!
My sister sent Eli a really cute Halloween t-shirt.
And now we have some new shoes from a friend as well.
Oh but it is!! Was I ever wrong!!
I'd rather shop for Eli than I would for myself. I'm not a huge shopper to begin with, but when we're at the mall-I have to go in every baby clothes store and look at allllll the cute boy stuff. I don't buy a lot because it is expensive-but I would if I could. Girl stuff is cute and there seems to be a LOT of it. But boy stuff-is Studly. Handsome. Classy. Boyish. Cute. Charming. Different. Stylish. Trendy.
One of my friends once said...when you have a girl you get to go dress shopping for dances and find all this cute stuff for the first day of school and hair accessories and jewelry etc etc etc and when you have a boy-what do you get excited about? I agreed with her and said...hmm renting a tux can't be that exciting. And then there are the classic boy outfits (See below) that you fall for and put on for a friend's wedding or the little Christmas sweater vest. That seems so generic. But then you go to a garage sale and you find that sweater vest. And someone gives you an outfit that their son never even wore that is dressy or fancy.
And then you get it-you understand how shopping for a little boy is soooo fun. I imagine stuffing Eli's chubby little arms through the sleeves to make him look like a little grown up baby. Oh the pitter patter of my heart when I experience that. I want to put something like that on him every day and take him to church.
Since he was born I've had my favorite outfits on him-some borrowed and few new. My sister dresses her boys so stylish (not always the cute classic carters stuff)-I love it! But I just can't put those outfits together as well. The doctor said that he thought it was trendy he was wearing a long sleeved onesie under his short sleeved onesie and I told him it was just because he's now fitting into all his clothes that were meant for this past summer! Yesterday Andy brought home a big bag of clothes that a lady from his work was giving us. It was all in great condition! Some of it brand new. Most of it brand name. So which of my friends or co-workers is getting married in the next year?
Sweaters that cost $30 in the store-for FREE!!! I know I know, he'll probably only wear once!
My sister sent Eli a really cute Halloween t-shirt.
And now we have some new shoes from a friend as well.
I cannot resist my little guy-he's such a stud. Who wouldn't love a little Eli in these items?
2 comments:
glad you're enjoying the shopping and hand-me-downs. i think shopping for your little one is the best...no matter the gender.
pw
Great post, rain. Made me smile.
Post a Comment