Sunday, September 20, 2009

Something new.......

Anyone have any good non-dairy recipes???
If I'm going to continue to nurse Eli, I have to change my diet and omit all the dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream etc....). It's going to be soooo hard. I love butter on popcorn and cheese on noodles and pizza and cream cheese on a bagel and Alfredo sauce and frosting and yogurt (BOOOO HOOOO). I'm looking for anything-desserts (yum), breakfast, lunch or dinner ideas?! I know there is tons out there (my brother is a GREAT resource) but I'm open to suggestions and ideas to keep me motivated to continue this new restriction!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I don't know of any recipes off hand but my only recommendation is to take a trip to whole foods to look for stuff! They seem to have a lot for people who have allergies and have to watch their diets. That is what we did for one of our kids at the daycare because he was allergic to so much stuff! Just an idea!
Gerk

gschneider said...

When I get back I'll send you a bunch of these. You'll survive; I promise.

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

wow--i guess i didn't know that the results were in already--it will be a long haul--but i am on it.
ideas so far include--coyboy caviar with tortilla chips
herbed chicken with roasted potatoes (olive oil and seasoning)
maybe try olive oil on veggies or pasta with seasoning
molly mcbutter (not sure about this if dairy free)--on popcorn
salmon with olive oil and seasoning
baked potato with beans and salsa
tacos without cheese and sour cream
sorbet or fruit bars instead of ice cream
good luck friend!!