The countdown is on...I will go back to work on Friday, the day before my birthday. I got an email from my brother wondering what I was hoping to get for my birthday. If I had my choice, I would like to wake up on Friday and have my husband tell me he arranged for me to stay home for the day as well as himself. Then we would take Eli to the zoo. Not because Eli likes the animals, but because I do! Do you think he can pull that off?
I'm increasingly emotional about going back to work. The sleep deprivation can only get worse-I'm sure of it. (But then it will get better I'm told). I will become best friends with the breast pump instead of bonding with my little guy 8 times a day. And I feel as though I will miss out on moments with Eli that I can never get back. But....what must be, must be. This past week I had a play/lunch date with some co-workers. One gal who works part time and has her little one stay with family on her work days said she thinks that kids that attend a day care with other kids may be more advanced than her little one-in ways of verbal communication etc. That made me feel a little better, only one of the few comments that actually does make me feel better in this situation. Any mother who has spent 3 months attached (almost physically) to their newborn and then has gone back to work, while leaving her son or daughter with someone else (often times a stranger) knows exactly what I am talking about. Maybe I'm anticipating it to be worse than it will be. Either way, I have thouroghly enjoyed my maternity leave. To the max! I would do anything to get a few more weeks-I even offered to go to the dreaded dentist weekly if I could stay with him longer. I thought a few weeks ago that I would start to play the lottery, hoping to win just enough money to let me go part time...but I didn't do it.
Here are a few more photos from my awesome maternity leave-play dates with friends, get togethers, and plain ol' time with the little guy. I love you Elijah-no matter if I'm with you all day or not!!!! You are the best little boy that a mama could ever have!



No comments:
Post a Comment