So...you're probably wondering why there was no explanation for my last post.
Does there need to be one?
I think the title says it all.
Seriously.
Obviously.
Who likes the dentist? Who would EVER want to work there? If you said "ME!" just so you know people curse your name as they walk out of the building. NO LIE. Every time that I go to the dentist I tell myself that it won't be that bad. I calmly remind myself on the drive over that it probably isn't going to be as terrible as the time before. And I'm right this time, it isn't as terrible-it's WORSE. The whole time my legs were crossed so tight and my feet are gripping the flips flops that I wore. I'm holding my own hands and pinching my skin whenever need be. I just hate it. Every time she takes an instrument out of my mouth I am hoping, praying, hoping, praying that she will say "ok, everything looks good, you're all set!" but no, she grabs a different size "tooth pick" to scrape and poke.
When I got pregnant with Eli and my blood volume increased, my gums started bleeding with every brush, morning and night. They still do a bit but because of that I have not been flossing as I should have. Yeah-I'm TOTALLY paying for that. I am vowing to do it daily if it gets me outta that building faster next time.
Meanwhile, it was a wonderful distraction from the fact that Eli was at his new Day Care (Debbie's Day Care) for the first time today. It was only for 2 hours, but still a feat for me. The dentist kept me busy enough: mind, body and spirit that I didn't cry from missing the little guy once I got in the building.

And if anyone is wondering Eli seemed to do fine at the day care. One of the little gals who is just about 5 informed me that the girl next to Eli "puked a lot". She didn't have anything to say about Eli so I think that must mean he's accepted in!
I think the only one I have to apologize to for this post is my cousin Theresa who may have something to do with the dentistry field. I guess you'd be proud-no cavities. Thank goodness.
I think the title says it all.
Seriously.
Obviously.
Who likes the dentist? Who would EVER want to work there? If you said "ME!" just so you know people curse your name as they walk out of the building. NO LIE. Every time that I go to the dentist I tell myself that it won't be that bad. I calmly remind myself on the drive over that it probably isn't going to be as terrible as the time before. And I'm right this time, it isn't as terrible-it's WORSE. The whole time my legs were crossed so tight and my feet are gripping the flips flops that I wore. I'm holding my own hands and pinching my skin whenever need be. I just hate it. Every time she takes an instrument out of my mouth I am hoping, praying, hoping, praying that she will say "ok, everything looks good, you're all set!" but no, she grabs a different size "tooth pick" to scrape and poke.
When I got pregnant with Eli and my blood volume increased, my gums started bleeding with every brush, morning and night. They still do a bit but because of that I have not been flossing as I should have. Yeah-I'm TOTALLY paying for that. I am vowing to do it daily if it gets me outta that building faster next time.
Meanwhile, it was a wonderful distraction from the fact that Eli was at his new Day Care (Debbie's Day Care) for the first time today. It was only for 2 hours, but still a feat for me. The dentist kept me busy enough: mind, body and spirit that I didn't cry from missing the little guy once I got in the building.


And if anyone is wondering Eli seemed to do fine at the day care. One of the little gals who is just about 5 informed me that the girl next to Eli "puked a lot". She didn't have anything to say about Eli so I think that must mean he's accepted in!
I think the only one I have to apologize to for this post is my cousin Theresa who may have something to do with the dentistry field. I guess you'd be proud-no cavities. Thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment