These days you keep me so busy I don't even have time to blog about you. You are so far past the 18 month mark that I (oops) lost your growth stats. Just for reference you are in the 50th% for weight, 90th% for height and I think 80th% for head circumference. You are keeping your curve and growing well.
You know what is funny about boys your age? You don't care what you wear. I could put you in a tshirt, sweatshirt, overalls, pj's or sweatpants and you never complain. You have no control over what you wear these days and you don't have a second thought about if your socks don't match. I wonder if that will change.
You are loud, babbling, giggling, yelling and talking. You are lazy with your words and I want to let you get away with it. I almost didn't survive your screaming phase but it has passed and now you are making many more sounds. You are trying to say the words but many times not taking your time to articulate. Your best words are: Doggy, daddy, yeah, done, cheese, cracker, cookie, mickey, book and mama. When Mickey Mouse comes on your eyes get big and your mouth wants to make the "ohhhhhh" sound. You dance in a gallop-always. I'll show you. When you read this letter, ask me to mimic your hot dog dance. Even if I'm 70 years old when you read this, ask me and I'll show you.
Just like your mellow personality your broad diet has diminished. You are SO difficult to please at meal time. Right now scrambled eggs, fruit and cereal are the only 3 things I know you will eat. Noodles, veggies, oatmeal, and grilled cheese are hit and miss. Meat and bread/toast are out of the question.
| Eating a home-grown cucumber! |
You spend your time asking for crackers and cookie
You're a child I always wanted.
You're curiosity makes me jealous-I wish I didn't know so much about "stuff" (stuff= leaves, pine cones, grass, ants, glue, stickers, crayons, wash cloths, toes, buttons, keys, bubbles etc). I love how little you know about the world because it is through YOU that I get joy of exploring the new things around you.
You are not scared of adventure. But you also will take a minute to lay your head down on my shoulder. With just the right amount of motivation and sensitivity I know you are going to go far in life.
You take comfort in 3 things. Your stuffed bunny and blue blanket are two things that go into bed with you. But you can get cozy anywhere as long as your have your curly blond locks and your finger. You like to twirl that hair when you are tired. I know that is not going to last too much longer. You won't curl your hair around your finger when you are 12 or 15 so I have to drink it all up right now.
Daddy says you giggle hardest when he tickles your legs and plays chase. He wants you to take after your brother but become your own little man. We only ignore your cries at night (yes still) because the doctor has told us to. We hear you though.
And we love you. A lot and all the time.
Love,
Mama





2 comments:
this was precious :)
He is such a special little guy. WIsh we could hang out more and he could charge around our house asking for cookies! I would make sure I always had some here to sneak him :)
Love this post!
Post a Comment