I didn't realize how important and meaningful those ladies were in our lives. Eli had been going to the same 2 day cares since the day my maternity leave was over. Hugh transitioned really nicely with both places too.
We lost Miss Kristi first which was devastating, but had our wonderful fallback of Miss Debbie.
It happened so fast and so unexpectedly. I almost felt like it was a high school break up all over again. I (literally) laid in bed and cried for about 2 hours. I called my sister and with my ugly cry face and even uglier cry voice I told her what happened. It was just an email that snuck in to my inbox telling me we had about 30 days left at Miss Debbie's. My heart was broken. These ladies were the ones I trusted with my littles. And my work schedule is so weird, I knew it would be hard to find a place that would be as near and dear to my heart. And one that I could afford.
I spent a lot of time, going out of my comfort zone (if you know me) calling ladies and centers after lady after centers. I dragged Andy to a few and I went alone to some. I felt very sorry for the first lady. She was so nice, but I just wasn't ready and when I left and got in the car (with Andy driving) I let myself cry again.
But....after a few recommendations and a little bit of luck, we found an opening with Miss Brenda.
And she's amazing. She has her own nicknames for Hugh and seems to think he is a piece of cake to care for (ha!). It melted my heart to hear that Eli said "I love you Miss Brenda" before his nap on his first full day with her. She has been flexible to help on days that we weren't scheduled for and MAN! Her art projects blow me away. The reason that I'm so impressed is that most of her projects would require quite a bit of preparation (maybe the night or day before), assistance with gluing and cutting (especially with Hugh) and a whooooooooooole lot of patience. And when you have more than 1 Hugh-type running around---who has time to paint hands and feet.
| Hugh's handprint lion |
| The ghost body is Hugh's footprint |
1 comment:
:*) I am glad you got through it! I thank you for being supportive of me in my school needs and I absolutely will never forget the days of taking care of your boys! Your worries and concerns of child care is just because you love your boys so much. I am so glad that it all worked out and that you found someone that can put your mind at ease! Hugs to the boys!!! KB
Post a Comment