Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bottom Line

The work I do is emotionally draining.  I have learned not to let too many in.  But a few slip in and when they don't make it through Christmas I struggle.
I have good job security and I love being part time.
Bottom line: I hate this disease.

I'm frustrated because I can't get a handle on lil Hugh's sleep issues.
Tomorrow we will visit a sleep disturbance, deprivation, disorder clinic where we hope a specialist can shed some light on what is happening all--night---long.
Bottom line: I'm tired.




 I adore nursing.
I hate pumping.
I am losing my supply.
Bottom line: Will I have the opportunity to do this again?



 




We have had so much fun borrowing a video monitor to watch what was going on with Hughie at night.  Now we are attempting to watch Eli and catch him in the "act"at night.  He usually gives us a REAL run for our money.  Tonight Andy and I sat with smiles while we watched him blink, move around and continuously repeat the same thing.  No not "dad".  No not "I need water".  No not "I want to get up" (all the usual).  Tonight he repeated "Raina" for at least 20 minutes.   
Although it's been fun, I can see the addiction of watching your child and sometimes it feels as if we have been invading their privacy. 
Bottom line: I can't live without technology, and I'm not always happy to live with it either. 



Giving a bath to these boys is difficult for 1 adult.
A bath for these 2 boys is fun.
Bottom line: They are too cute, all nudy and wet and soapy and slippery.




I'm already hungry for Thanksgiving dinner. It is my favorite holiday.
It's frightening that Christmas is right around the corner.
Bottom line: I'm a total holiday nerd and I'm ready to get in the spirit early this year.





When the work day is over I practically run to the car. I can't get home fast enough and see my boys.
When I get home I want to snap at all the chaos. 
Bottom line: I need to slow down and enjoy that all 3 of my boys want my attention the moment I walk through that door.  Someday nobody may care or even notice that I am home. 



When I walk down the hall and I'm texting a friend and I pass someone else and they are texting a friend-there is no eye contact.  I'm sad that technology is getting in the way of human contact.
But...I love getting texts messages and pictures and emails, it keeps me closer to far away friends and family.  Imagine how little of your life you would be able to share with others 25 years ago.  Would you show up on time because you couldn't text to say you were running late?  Would you ever get to see your best friends 1st child smothered in their 1st birthday cake?  Do you think you would have gotten daily updates on your brothers first/new pet?  Would you pay dollar after dollar to print out pictures where the lighting was wrong or inevitably someone in the group had their eyes closed? 
Bottom line: I can't imagine what life will be like in 20 years and what I will say "I can't believe I lived without ______".



I love tacos.
I never know what to serve with tacos.
Bottom line: who doesn't love tacos?


When I returned to work after my Hughie-Maternity leave, my coworker introduced me to this song. I LOVED IT.
I'm disappointed I didn't share it with you back then, because any day now it will be considered over played as it becomes more and more popular on the radio.
Bottom line: Go check it out. NOW! DO IT! I actually like the video too.



I fear that if I complain about something, people may think I'm not as happy as I am.
I'm afraid that if I bottle things up, people will think I'm happier than I am.
Bottom line: I'm the perfect amount of happy. 






 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the song, video and your pics - the one of Hugh with a hat on and a car in his mouth is PRECIOUS and reminded me of my Jimmy =). Jamie Trampe

Nora said...

Great post and great pictures. Those boys are so sweet!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

bottom line: loved this post.
loved the everyday pictures of you guys in action. CAn't wait for some in real life action over thanksgiving.

That song is my first running playlist song and has been since the cottage I think. HAHA! Great taste!

Lynne said...

bottom line: i love reading your blogs :)
the picture of hughie with the car in his mouth made me literally laugh out loud. i loved it!