Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Elijah Up North



Eli had a blast this year.  He did a little bit of everything but spent the majority of the time following his bigger cousins around. 
"Friends!!! Do you want to play trains with me?  Where are my shooters?".




He also spent time smiling in the water (you could not wipe the grin off that boy) and asked to go fishing too many times to count.  Luckily there were some real nice guys in his life (Grandpa Bob, Daddy and Mr. Paul) who spent time with Eli and his pole.







He slept pretty good and did well with his potty training while up north.  He was a pro in the car on the way to and back.  He also had his ups and downs with eating....see below:



For those of you who weren't up north with us, if you guess (by leaving a comment) what yummy treat caused Eli's face to look like this-I'll treat YOU to it. 


 Eli had a lot of rules this year.  We made him repeat them.  They were for his safety of course.  But I think he viewed them more as limitations.  I told Andy that next year I'll be able to let Eli out of my sights more.  He remembers the cottage now. He knows the drill.  And next year I'll let him slam the back door and run with his big boy cousins more. 

 See ya next year!

4 comments:

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

Awwww! Love these pics! I knew he'd be all about fishing this year..I expect lily to be the same way. Well be bringing the princess fishing pole! My guess is an ice cream cone. Lily had rules for camping and we made her repeat them too!!!
Pw

Jane said...

Love all theses photos but my favorite is the one with the tackle box and pole....great grandpa would be impressed with his fishing interest.

Anonymous said...

I guess a s'more. That pier is awesome. The whole family is out there. Where is the cabin? Glad Eli had such a fun time. JG

Sarah Wroblewski said...

I suppose I can't guess...correct? I want to win though and have Eli bring me the prize...in person...here in MN.