Just a few that made me smile recently...
Eli is very random at times and can be very vague with his questioning. Sometimes his inquiry doesn't make any sense and there just is no answer, and he thinks you are keeping the truth from him.
In the car one day...very random:
Eli: Mama, what does papa do?
Raina (I just guessed what he meant): He helps people walk
Eli: But who else?
Raina (I wasn't really sure what he meant with that question so I again just guessed): Mostly he helps old people who need help moving around
Eli: So just like a Superhero?
Raina (melting): Yes, isn't that cool that we live with a superhero?
Eli: Yeah, like Fireman Sam!
Today Eli found a tampon on the floor.
Eli: Mama, what is this?
Raina: Something that mom's need (I realize non-mom's need it too but to him-a woman is probably a mom)
Eli: (holding like a popsicle): sluuuuurp, yum
Raina: Oh no it's not for eating
Eli: What is it? Just tell me! Come on mom!!!!
Ha-he really wanted to open it.
Eli has realized that often times my meal plate looks different than his. Most meals he looks at my plate and even though he can SEE that it looks different he still has to clarify. Almost every single meal he will pick out the difference and say "Mama, why don't you have this toast?". And I always answer the same exact way "Because it makes mama's tummy feel funny". Two nights ago we had eggs and pancakes for dinner. When I sat down Eli glanced at my plate and said "Mama, are you having the same thing?" and I said "yes, tonight I am" (even though my pancakes were in fact from a different mix) and he got REAL excited, put his fist in the air and said "Papa! Mama is having the same!". So cute. It's very endearing to me that he notices I eat a little different. He always wants to share his crackers and cereal or snack with me. It's very hard for me to not accept when he is being so good about sharing.
Love that boy....
6 comments:
Loved spending time with Eli last weekend and hard to believe, but I think he loves his corn on the cob to the MAX, just like his mom and grandma.
These all made me smile so big. He says the greatest things and is always pondering everything. I know who else is going to LOVE this post. Uncle Greg.
He seems like such a little sweetheart.
T
Simply adorable! Miss you all and love these little glimpses into daily life!
loved this. love that you live witha superhero! and love the tampon/popsicle find :) also love he notices the food diferences... to be so young and inquisitive! HUGS to you all!
So sweet. I think it's so great that he notices, yet so sad that he notices about your food being different. So cute but hard to explain. I love that he thinks it's special to eat the same!
Sweet boy you have...sooo sweet!
pw
Post a Comment