Sunday, August 26, 2012

6 (again)

Is it ironic that on our 6 year anniversary Hughie turned 6 months old?
And I can't believe it.
1 month, 2 months, 3,4, 5, 6 months!!!!!


Hughie loves those feet.  He's eating cereal, squash, peas and carrots.  Next will be sweet potato, green beans and then we'll move on to some fruits.  We are also going to try oatmeal instead of rice cereal and avocado.  I'm open to more suggestions for variety.  As with Eli, I am pureeing my own fruits and veggies.  I just enjoy it and it is only a short amount of time that he will be eating purees, all of a sudden he'll be picking up table food.  Ahh!




Hugh is still nursing really well.  He loves to eat morning, noon and night. That's right folks, this was not the month he learned to sleep through.  Just when we were creating strategies on how to fix this problem, he learned to flip over in bed.  That really ticked him off because he was swaddled and couldn't turn back around.  So, now we are working on sleeping without the swaddle. I thought he would love to have his arms free, but it is just frustrating and confusing to him.  He gets quite disgruntled, clawing at his face, taking out and putting in the nuk and flailing here and there.  I suppose, after being wrapped tighter than tight for 6 months straight, maybe he feels like he is falling?


6 month stats:

Height: 27.5 inches (85th%ile)
Weight: 17 lbs 6 oz (45%ile)
Head: 45 cm (90th%ile)

Just for reference Elijah didn't weigh this much until he was 12 months old and he wasn't that long until he was 9 months old.  Eli was just 13 lbs at 6 months old. I don't know why but it is hard for me to pull out bigger clothes for Hugh.  But he IS 6 months, so he CAN be wearing 6-9 month clothes.  So weird.





More interesting stuff....I have been looking back at Eli's calendar and it made my heart flutter  So much happened for Eli between 6-8 months.  I'm not sure if Hughie will be on the same track or not, but I'm assuming somewhat.  At 6 months Eli was sitting up by himself and Hughie is able to but he is not very stable.  Eli also got his first 2 teeth right before he was 7 months old and crawled shortly after 8 months. 


sorry for the fuzzy photo, but I don't get in a lot of pictures with this lil fellow

I stare at this boy so much.  I'm in love.  I cannot believe he is blonde with clear blue eyes.  I have 2 boys, not a boy and girl like many people think everyone wants.  But!  I have a brunette and a blonde.  I never imagined it and wonder if he'll grow out of it.  It is oh-so-fun. 

Spoiler alert (This is for your Theresa).  We contemplated names all the way up until the moment we first said Hello to Hugh.  We never told anyone the other names because we just didn't want to hear opinions.  After we named him Hugh Robert we STILL didn't tell anyone the other names we considered because we thought we might use those names if we would some day have another baby boy.  However, now that we have developed many nicknames for Hugh, there is just no chance that we would use this name that I'm about to reveal.  When thinking about names I thought about all the different stages of life.  Infant, toddler, 8 year old, 16 year old, 24 year old, 33 year old, 48 year old, 62 year old, 99 year old.  Would this name fit?  How did I picture it sounding coming out of everyone mouth?  So..drum roll...one of the other baby names we liked was Louis or Lewis.  We would have probably called him Louie as a baby and Louis as an old man.  But I just wasn't settled on the 24-32 year old stage. I couldn't imagine him exchanging vows with someone and being called Lou.  I just didn't like it....but now....comes the funny part.  Hugh is still called Hughie, Hughster, Hubert, and Hugh Master by many. But in our house- it is still
Hugh to the Lou
Hugh Lou
Lou
and even Lou-Lou.

Many think his name is Hugh Lewis instead of Hugh Robert.  For some unplanned reason, the Lou part just pops out and now I know we cannot name a third boy Louis. 

Think he doesn't look much different from his birth? Check it out....







 Can you believe those baggy leg warmers?

2 comments:

Lynne said...

what a cutie! i can't believe eli was so small, i mean, i knew he was, but interesting to compare stats! lol i had to check on tylin's stats at that age... she was the same length but 3+ lbs heavier! lol LOVE the pic of you and hugh- your legs look great! lol hopefully he'll start sleeping better SOON for you! miss you and HUGS to you all :)

Barb said...

I really do love Mr. Hugh Master, I get this little tug at my heart as I look at these photos over and over again, and again...