Friday, August 10, 2012

Jumping

I follow a blog called 71 Toes.  I don't know why---I think my sister introduced me to it.  I have enjoyed "watching" her kids grow up.  And I'm just a tinge jealous of how clean, spotless, organized her house and life seem-despite having 5 kids!  The blogger is also a great photographer and I love imagining that me, with my junky "point and shoot" camera could capture beautiful moments of my family as she does www.71*toes.com/).  She often takes shots of her kids/friends/family jumping in the air.  I know she probably had to learn to do it-but she has it down to an art.  This weekend on a little get away I had with Andy and another couple, I tried my hardest to copy it.  It was so fun trying to get the shot that it doesn't matter that it isn't perfect.  I doubt she would ever find out I did this, but I am posting one of her shots posted below so you can see what I mean.  Because I'm afraid if I post the link-nobody would really go and look at it.  So here it is. 




Here's my attempt.
(Keep in mind that it was verging on dark-so I had to deal with a flash and figuring out how long it would take to actually take the picture).


Here they are walking out to position


I took it too fast



I took it too late


Got it!



 
Ready Girls....



Go!


Obviously...I need to work on this. 

3 comments:

Lynne said...

love it :)

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Too fun!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

I LOVE that we are friends. I treasure it. I have come to need it. I just love, love, love our boys..love that they planned this adventure for us. Loved it all!
pw