Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday...

Is it Wednesday already?  This week is flying by. 

Today we are recovering from a terrible nights sleep.  Who knows why...Andy and I have beaten our heads against the wall trying to figure it out.  Isn't that what parents do?  Discuss, talk, argue about what is causing their baby to wake.  And then just when they think they have figured it out, someone suggests something else that could be the cause. 

So I'm indulging in some caffeine.  Although I know I don't really feel any different when I have some-it's all a mental game.



Today we are all breakfasted, 2 cartoons in and finished finger painting.  It's only 9:01.  Oh yeah, I changed 4 diapers, nursed and checked my email.  I was lucky enough to read 5 pages in my book while I nursed. 

At the beginning

I haven't finger painted with Eli before and I've been really looking forward to it.  Somewhere in my dreams I imagined him painting for hours and hours.  I thought he'd create all these neat paintings that I would want to frame and hang all over the house.  I've waited a long time to get moving on this project because I wanted to make sure that I did it on a day when I wouldn't care at all about the mess.  I taped paper all over the table so that he could just splatter anywhere.  I was extremely disappointed that it only lasted 15 minutes. Even when I sat down and painted with him he was ready to be done.  I still love to finger paint, but I guess he isn't totally into it.  But we're not giving up.  We'll keep trying.  Anyone have any cool finger painting tips? 

At the end

Hughie is still mellow fellow during the day and a  little tougher at night.  We were blessed with him sleeping really good chunks at my sisters house.  But he reverted back to 1-3 hour chunks at home.  What a tease.  Not funny Hugh!  But he is still such a joy.  So so so sweet.  Smiling and cooing and really focusing on us and knowing us now. 



Our tree is blooming. If you've been a reader of mine you know that every spring I take pictures of the tree on our front lawn.  It's so pretty and only lasts a few days.  Hugh was already in Packer gear and so was Andy, so Eli and I also put on our Packer apparel and we headed out to the tree for a photo shoot.  I actually captured the brothers together and it made my heart swell so much when I looked at them the other night.  I am SO proud to be a mama of brothers.


I hear it gets increasingly difficult to get pictures of your 2 or 3 littles as they get older.  I should be happy to get them with both of them facing the same direction. 






My favorite
Here's to a happy or wacky Wednesday...whichever you choose.  Eli's calling for me to find all the "Play" mail he hid for me.  I love this job!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lot happening before 9:01am! Plus blogging. I guess you've figured out this whole 2 kid business just fine :) You have such a cute family!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

I agree with Theresa, so far you have mastered 2 things I've yet to do...simultaneous blogging and parenting AND pictues of 2 kids both smiling/looking the same direction/listening/paying attention to you! GO RAINA GO!
pw

Anonymous said...

Eli is such a clean little painter. Abby needs a bath afterwards, she just paints in her diaper now for easy clean up. Love seeing that picture of Eli each year in the tree. JG

Lynne said...

LOVE the picture of you and your boys :) all are adorable... i'll say this once more, i'm so impressed you have time to blog and do it so well! looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!!

Nora said...

GREAT pictures! It looks so spring time-ish ;) Good luck with the sleep!