Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter in pictures (and a few thoughts)

We spent Easter with Andy's family this year.  We took Hugh and Eli for a long car ride up North. The thing about Andy's huge family is they all try to get together at the same time to celebrate so the 1 trip up north scored us a visit from all his siblings except 1.  I can't type it all out but here are a few of the highlights:
-yummy meals (of course)
-21 people, 1 bathroom, 3 bedrooms (that means there were at least 12 people sleeping in the basement)
-yard games, basketball competitions (Andy won) and 2 egg hunts
-egg coloring, Cars (the movie), "shooters" (Nerf guns) and "Swiped" (on the Ipad)
-This year I assisted with filling the eggs for the hunt. I am officially a mom now-I am so proud.
-Hugh got passed from person to person. He slept in a pack n play at night-but didnt' nap anywhere else all weekend.  He didnt' have to. He had a TON of warm bodies to cradle him (See below)
Lots of hugs, laughs, snacks and memories made.

Aunt Erika

Cousin Elliot

Aunt Monica

Aunt Nici (held him a LOT this weekend) and Issac

Uncle Matty

Grandma!

More aunt Monica
Eli was there.  He was smiling ear to ear almost the whole time.  He loved the egg hunts, the boy/cousin time and stayed up late.  He slept on the floor in Grandma's room and woke up from the "Roaring" (was someone snoring?). 

hunt #1

These 2 had so much fun together


No Eli is not on his tippy toes, he is literally jumping up and down--all weekend


Nothing beats playing with the big boys



Grandma and Eli shared a really nice moment-watching the movie Cars together....turned into......

All the cousins enjoying together (Minus Tyler)




Oh yeah Andy and I were there too....

The Easter Bunny had come to our house while we were gone and E and H peeked through their baskets and then hit the pillows to rest after that huge weekend. 

3 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Hard to realize that Eli has a whole other family that loves him up. What a life he has. Filled with so many big boy cousins! And grandmas and aunts!

Lynne said...

so fun :) thanks for sharing, as always!

Barb said...

I just love all the photos, especially the one of Hugh and Aunt Erica (she looks beautiful!) and the one with Eli and the hot dog, can I have that one and frame it? Thanks for sharing!