Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tidbits

Here are some tidbits...

I'll be traveling tomorrow.  We're going far and wide.  I'm taking the 2 little boys in my life on a road trip.  We're going to visit "For the Love of Naps" aka-my awesome sister Sarah (her boys and husband too).  Luckily for this LONG drive, my mom (The famous Grandma Barb) will be riding with us.  I  can't wait to spend some time with my sister, her kiddos, see Ed's smirk as he maybe pours a drink Saturday night and talk my moms ear off. 

One of my friends have given me one of the best compliments (For the second time) today. She said "You sound so happy".  I'm so glad I sound happy because I am.  I know it's true-I've been dancing in the kitchen a lot and not caring if the neighbors are chuckling at me.  BUT-  I had my first big time cry last night. It was one of those continuous ugly cries.  Just when you thought I might be done, something else would set me off -and it was all because I started thinking about going back to work.  Eli asked "You ok mama?".  I said "no I'm not ok" (probably not the best thing to say) and he said "why not?" and  said "Because I dont' want to go back to work" and he said "Why?" (love that question) and daddy took over and said "Because she wants to stay with you".  I'm just not ready to go back.  I'm too happy and if others are noticing how happy I am,it must be REAL.

Went to a  gluten free expo over the weekend.  It was so fun.  Andy carried Hugh in the front pack while Eli had a special day with Grandma and Grandpa.  We got to test over 100 gluten free products.  It was awesome. Afterwards I looked at Andy and I said "I loved trying all deserts without explaining that I need it to be gluten free".  Thanks to my mom and dad for letting us go without Eli-he would have been a hand full.  I still can't wrap my head around being gluten free for the rest of my life.  I just want menu freedom.  After we even got to check out the movie The Hunger Games and enjoyed every second.  I only checked my phone 3 times to check on the boys.  This was the first time Andy and I both left Hughie. 

Another great thing about our weekend was the drive to the gluten free expo was about 2 hours.  Because Eli wasn't in the car talking to  us,Andy and I got a chance to talk.  It's been a while since we talked about something other than our kids.  We talked about vacations (past and future), politics, religion, family etc.  It was awesome. 
I put a few new songs on my blog again.  I wonder if anyone listens. 

Last week I went to lunch with my mom, a friend and her mom. Oh and her beautiful new baby girl.  It was a great get away and hilarious that we both wanted to scarf our food and not deal with our kiddos that squawked occasionally.

Congrats to my friends D and M on their new baby girl.  (And prayers for D to recover fast and furious) She was born the same size as Hugh. When we went to visit she was half the size of him...meaning Hugh has grown SO MUCH.  He sits up in your lap now (leaning against you of course) and his head was so big compared to her. I can't believe he was ever that size and made me teary to think that smallness has passed. 

Who watches Downton Abby?  We just started watching and I'm loving it.

I started working out a little bit.  Anyone work out post partum lose their supply? I've heard t be careful.  I asked my OB about it and he said as long as you stay hydrated you should not lose your milk supply.  I have a great supply right now and am SO proud of the stash in our freezer. I don't want to start stressing about it, but I need the stress relief of a work out and also want to try to whip my body in shape.  Has anyone else lost their supply when they started working out?

Congrats to my Friend JG-exciting things to come in her life.  Shout out to you to let you know I think about you and your excitement all the time.

Eli continues to cry for an hour before bed and yells before his clock turns green in the am.  waiting it out.  it's a stage- RIGHT? right! (right?)  He just doesn't seem conditionable.  What I mean is, I just don't think he learns like others-be consistet and he'll get it.    But he doesn't.

I love to watch a show that Andy loves and laughs at. It just MAKES. MY. DAY.  We watch 2 shows together. Only 2 shows.  Survivor and Modern Family. He laughs at both....love it.  I'll miss him tons this weekend.  I hope he misses all of us too. 

More to come....  



No comments: