Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Earl




Earl the cow was Eli's first stuffed animal.  He was given it as a gift from one of Andy's Co-workers before he even left the hospital.  When Eli was young he spit up all over it and we put it away after we washed it.  Eli then attached himself to Teddy...a classic Pooh Bear he was given from a special Aunt Pat.  Teddy has been the go-to at bed time....until about 6 months ago when Eli once again spotted Earl and wanted him in bed too.  Every night Eli sleeps with Earl and Teddy.  Now....he has quite the little friendship with Earl. 

He wants to bring him downstairs during the day and talks to him.  He uses his creative imagination to tell Earl stories, sit under the table with a pillow or ask him what he wants to do.  If he had his way, he would bring Earl wherever he could.  But last night when I checked on Eli sleeping-he was cuddled up with Teddy.  Reminds me a little of Woody and Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story movie.

Here is where I have been finding Earl.





Eli likes to hold Earl by his bow around his neck and this is the same way he holds Teddy.  He swings them around and although I hope it never happens, I believe Earl might lose his head someday.  I had a bear named Huggy when I was little and still have my 2nd teddy bear named "Smokes".  I guess it's endearing to me that he has these friends to keep him company at night. 

Do your kids have an attachment?  Where do you draw the line---letting them ride in the car, watch meal time etc?

4 comments:

Barb said...

Love this post. Fun, and what does Bailee think of Earl?

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

What a cuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttteee post! Love it. You'll be soooo happy to peek back on this. Maybe you'll still live in that house or have that couch or something and be able to picture it again! Awwwwww..
Cutie Eli!
pw

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post and the pictures of Earl all over!
T

Lynne said...

adorable :)