Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nightly

I have some reoccurring dreams. They are very odd to me. I don't know what to make of them. Below is the list of things I dream of frequently.

1. Teeth-I dream that my teeth are falling out. Sometimes in my dream I try really fast to get pull them out of my mouth so I don't chew on them. That is the worst feeling, even if just in a dream--chewing on hard, crunchy teeth. Sometimes I pull them out one at a time and I think that losing 1 tooth is ok. But then all of a sudden another is lose and missing. Before I know it, I have to shove my whole fist in my mouth to pull out hand fulls of teeth. The whole time I get very anxious wondering how I will look with no teeth. Uggg. What does this mean?

2. High school and College-There weren't any times in my life that I couldn't find my classroom or locker but I continue to dream night after night that I can't find my next period classroom. I also can't find the locker nor do I know the locker combination. Usually I am on my way to the office to find my schedule and there is always a line of others doing the same thing. Sometimes I'm walking on a college campus looking for a certain building but never really sure which one.

3. Bears-This is the newest one. I love bears. Grizzly bears, brown bears, black bears, teddy bears.....the list goes on. I think they are oh so cute. But I'm also deathly scared of them. Sometimes in the dream the bear is outside the house and everyone is going out there. Nobody will listen to me when I ask them to not go and I know it's not safe. Sometimes the bear is in the house and I need to get into a room and HIDE but I can't find Bailee...and Bailee can't take on a bear!!! Last night I dreamt that I was in the car with all the Roeders and the bear was trying to get in the car! I tried to fend it off and it bit me in the arm, but still, the Roeder's all wanted that bear in the car.

What is up with that?
What reoccurring dreams do YOU have?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't really have reoccuring dreams often enough to remember them..but last night i dreamt that i was having my baby. i was in west bend, wisconsin. weird. and i "tried" to have the baby 3 times, but it just didn't work, so i had to go home. when i got home, i told jason i had to have a procedure to see why the baby wasn't coming. why wasn't he at the hospital with me while i was "trying" to have the baby anyway?? who knows. very weird to me. also interesting was that when i got home to talk to jason, friends were over and they were in the backyard of what was obviously our house playing with rylee and eating on a patio. strange.
pw

Barb said...

I have the EXACT same dream about lockers and classrooms, except not in college, always in high school. I have no idea what it means, but when you ask people, many have that same dream.

Anonymous said...

Did you have braces? I always thought my teeth dreams are related to the torture of braces and oral surgery and the fear I'll have to do it all over again. JG