1. Andy and I had our first date yesterday since Eli was born. We did go out for pizza one time a few months ago-but that was for like 45 minutes. This time, Grandma Barb and Grandpa Bob came to watch the little E-bug. Andy and I went to the movie theatre and watched a comedy followed by a nice dinner (which we had a gift card for!). Eli was still in one piece when we came home, of course!
2. A fun and competative game of Hearts was played last night. I won! And can you believe it-Dad didn't shoot the moon a single time!
3.Prison Break-this is tv show that Andy and I have started renting. I guess it was on tv a few years ago and I was stuck in the dark ages and didn't watch it. But now I'm glad I didn't, because when I watch now I don't have to deal with commercials. Andy likes it too so it doesn't take a lot of persuasian to get him to sit on the couch next to me and watch 1 or 2 or 3 episodes at a time. Usually he says to me "One more?"!
4. Andy's face when Elijah learns to do something new! Tonight Eli grabbed a puff with his hand and put it to his mouth. A few times it actually got IN his mouth. At least once a day Andy will yell from the other room "Rain, come see!". It makes me so happy to have an involved Dad who gets as excited about each milestone as I do.
5. Andy and I survived our first week of letting Eli "cry" more at night and in turn-we have all gotten more rest!
2 comments:
we were absolutely MEANT to be friends!! we have so much in common on this list of things to be grateful for--minus the fun date for the weekend!!
pw
Congrats to you and Andy for continuing to spend time together as a couple, continuing to be in awe of Eli, and being strong enough to let Eli "cry" it out at night. I am so proud of you as 'Raina and Andy' and am so impressed with you as parents!!! Good Job!!!!
Post a Comment