Sunday, January 24, 2010

6 Month Update


Dear World,
Sorry I'm updating you on my 6 month status when I'm actually 7 months old but you know, I have learned about procrastination. No really-I just wasn't sleeping very good and the computer was not a priority. But mom says I have to update you so that I'm not all of a sudden walking when I haven't even told you all about my sitting and teeth etc.I did good at my 6 month appointment with Dr. B. He checked me over and talked a lot to mom and dad.
I am now 26 1/2 inches long (25th%) and my head grew too (25th%). I'm longer than I am fat (most people's dream, but not my momma's plan for me!). I weighed in at 13 lbs 1.5 lbs. My curve is still pretty good but on the low end for weight so most of the appointment was spent discussing what to do to get me to put on the pounds. Everything else checked out.
Here is a list of all my "newness".

~ I had croup again and an ear infection over my 1st Christmas and spent 3 seperate nights in the ER in a matter of 2 weeks!


~I am just starting to fit into my 6 month clothes!
~I got 2 new teeth guys! The are on the bottom right in the center. They came in together and MAN! I couldn't sleep because of those buggers. But mom and dad really helped me out through that hard time. Now I can't stop rubbing my tongue on those chompers.
~In the last week I decided I like to say "mmm" with every bite of food. Why do I do it you ask? Well for 1. I like to make new sounds and for 2. Mom and dad think it's funny so I keep it up.
~I also like to say dadadadada.
~When Mom walks in the room I can't help it-I'm so excited I put my hands in tight fists and squeal.
~I now eat: peas, green beans, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, applesauce and bananas. Oh yeah and my cereal-gotta have my cereal. (See video for my first sweet potato experience!)
~I'm still a binkie and swaddle guy. I love my bink and I've grown into the bigger size. It's my comfort and it keeps me quiet and busy.
~ I like my jumperoo too! I learned to bounce this last week. (see video)
~I sit on the floor and play with toys now. I don't always need a companion but it's more fun when there is one. Dad thinks it's great when I push my cars or train back and forth. He says it makes me so boyish! See the video of me trying to eat my keys!

That's it really. That's all I got for tonight. I'll update everyone on my weight in 2 weeks-I have a weight check with the doctor. Also, below is a video montage my parents put together for me to watch when I'm bigger. If you are a real fan of me, go ahead and spend some time watching it. Be careful, it's kinda long but there are 4 videos melded into one below and they are fun for my mom and dad to share with you


Until next time,

Elijah Casey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the video ecr!! i love it! watched it with daddy's sound effects and everything.
ps-your girlfriend is just chatting away in her crib. why isn't she sleeping??
pw

gschneider said...

He's coming together pretty well you two. And Andy's direction deserves an award. Can't wait to see you all again.

Colleen said...

LOVE the video!!!! LOVE that Andy is always narrating and staring with Eli. He's such a good dad. Loved that Bailee made an appearance in the first scene and was heard in the last scene. Can't get enough of Eli's smile, squeals, and laugh!!!!!!!!!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I can't wait to see the little bugger again! Love Andy's daddy voice!