Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Randomness

Ahhh the randomness that takes over me. A few days ago I reminded Andy how I worry and think about everything. He knows this of course. He always tells me the simple answer "just relax" or "you have to calm down" and I always think in my head how that sounds so simple but very hard for my mind. Recently he told me "just think of blackness" but instead I just let my thoughts jump from one to the next. When I tried to tell him about it-I sort of gave him a continuous streamline of my thoughts-he was amazed. Probably as amazed as I am that he can honestly think of just blackness. Well that is what this post is all about. Randomness. Like my thoughts and my worries.

Has anyone heard of this band? Straight No Chaser. A year or two ago, my brother in law downloaded a song on my Itunes called "12 Days of Christmas-Live" by this band. Now I think it's great and want more songs by this band. If you haven't heard it-listen. It's neat-I don't think there are any instruments. If you don't want to buy it-you can watch it on Youtube HERE.
I REALLY want to know how much practice goes in to this. Has anyone listened to any of their other songs? (Oh by the way-Thanks Matt!!!)

The last few nights Elijah has been giving Andy and I a hard time going to bed. He has been very fussy and we have not been able to figure it out. It has been very hard on me because I am already sleep deprived and I wanted to go to bed early, which caused me to get more and more frustrated that I couldn't get extra sleep to be able to deal with him. Tonight I was nervous. Andy works late and I didn't want to deal with it myself. I was scared. So when I got home I made sure that I relaxed with him. I danced with him and sang with him and took some pictures of the two of us. I wasn't going to let him know that I was nervous. We danced to Christmas music, PINK, and lastly-Jimmy Buffet (Dad-you would have been so proud.) He went down like a champ! (Thus-giving me time to blog).

I read my sister's blog every day. Multiple times a day. I love it. I Love to hear what she has to say-I feel like some of her thoughts are wandering around in my brain and I just haven't had time to put them into words. I love all the pictures and stories and funny things about the boys. I love those two cutie pies! To see them almost on a daily basis in pictures makes me feel better since I can't be there in person. Recently she blogged about Perspective. It has a few links in it about another blog she follows (click on the word blog to the left to see it). I always have to check these out. This one has me obsessed. I can't stop reading it, clicking on it, reading the story etc. It brings tears, tears, tears. This woman was in a plane crash-and her story tells how she survived and how she is doing. I have shared with a few people-but like my sister says-if you have a minute or 10, this story will make you realize how tough you're life ISN'T and how grand it is. And the wonderful part is that her life IS grand and amazing. She has made it that way. And oh what she has overcome. This lady is a truly strong woman. I couldn't be her. I couldn't. I can do a lot of things, but I could not be her. Reading it makes me feel so foolish to complain about my headache, or that I didn't have time to go to the bathroom all day, or that the kitchen is a disaster or that I went over on my text messages this month. If you're a mother, who struggles with identifying things to feel gratitude about in your day to day life, read this story and take a moment to rethink you're life. I have and I want to read it and rethink each and every day. Here is the story that gives you an overview. Click here to read the 2 part story. (Thanks Sarah!)

Another thing that helps me get through my day: The Station....a few years ago when I first started my job I was looking for something on my co-workers desk and I noticed a typed out blurb hanging there. I took 2 minutes to read it. Then I copied it. I keep it folded up in a little notebook in my pocket and some days I take it out and read it. Other days I have typed it in an email to a friend or family member who is having a "moment". I could do without the religious line, but other lines feel so true to me ( It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad, but rather the regret over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who would rob us of today). The grass is never totally greener on the other side. And nothing is ever perfect-because as soon as you get what you want, you are already waiting for the next thing, always wanting the next thing to satisfy you. A few lines of this may be a little generic, or sound like one of those mass forward emails you get from someone you never really talk to-but this hits me and reminds me to try to enjoy what's going on instead of wishing wishing wishing for the next best thing. (Thanks Pam!)

And to just top off the randomness of this email-here is a pic of my little cutie (and his sister Bailee).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that he is wearing his santa gear all through december!! gotta get good use out of it before it's january and you realize he only wore that shirt ONCE! haha.
sometimes i think your mind needs a vacation. maybe you need to work on dreaming about vacations for your mind to get a break from thinking!!
pw

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I am glad that I help make your day! Pressure - ha! Your emails to me keep me going! Love the picture of Bailee and Eli. Glad that he went to bed well for you last night. See you in3 days! AHHHH!