Another milestone for Elijah! In the last 2 weeks Andy and I have been working on getting Eli to sit up. Many of the baby books say that at 6 months-this is very doable for babies. The little girl who attends the same day care as Eli is 1 month ahead (quite larger) but can sit up on her own. I'm sure Eli would like to sit next to her, or across from her and smile instead of laying down and looking up at her. 

Every time we would sit him up, he would lean all the way forward and put his arms out. Basically it looked like he was laying on his tummy, but on top of his legs.
Yesterday I sat him between my legs (So he could lean back) to watch Andy put some ornaments on the tree. I sat him up and prepared to catch him as he fell back. But he didn't! I couldn't believe it. I kept saying "Andy look!" and he would and there sat Eli...
There!
Sat!
Eli!!!!
He even would correct himself if he leaned backwards. After a little while he would start to topple to the side and didn't mind face planting in the carpet a few times. He's not strong enough to sit for extended periods but the short and sweet bouts of butt time were amazing to us.Yesterday I sat him between my legs (So he could lean back) to watch Andy put some ornaments on the tree. I sat him up and prepared to catch him as he fell back. But he didn't! I couldn't believe it. I kept saying "Andy look!" and he would and there sat Eli...
There!
Sat!
Eli!!!!


One day he's not doing something. The next day he is. One day he is cooing-the next he'll be talking. One day he's drinking milk, the next it will be juice. Then water. Then beer. One day he is in a small tub, then it will be a full bath tub and before I know it-lakes and pools. One day he has tiny white socks-next thing I know-I won't be able to tell his apart from Andy's!
The other day when Andy was holding Eli at my eye level I said "Amazing...all of a sudden Eli will be taller then me! And he won't let me do raspberries on his tummy."
I have to keep remembering these moments and take them all in. Enjoy them. They go fast. Every day seems to be a new stage that turns into a new amazing feat for Eli to conquer and I'm loving every minute of it.
The other day when Andy was holding Eli at my eye level I said "Amazing...all of a sudden Eli will be taller then me! And he won't let me do raspberries on his tummy."
I have to keep remembering these moments and take them all in. Enjoy them. They go fast. Every day seems to be a new stage that turns into a new amazing feat for Eli to conquer and I'm loving every minute of it.
4 comments:
He looks so little sitting up...but love how his face looks so proud at what he is doing! AHHHH I can't wait to see him!
Way to go Eli! You better keep practicing so you can sit up and play with the Christmas gift we got you!
love that little sitter!! he is so cute sitting, in the green overalls, playing with toys and hanging out with momma and daddy!! sooooo special and fun for you!
pw
ps--i'm guessing that the RD in you will start water BEFORE juice..but that's just one RD making a guess about another!! haahhaahahaha
that's so exciting Raina! How true about how fast things change with our little guys. It's wonderful to watch them conquer new challenges. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas! Shelley Z
Post a Comment