Monday, December 7, 2009

Grace in the Small Things #4

1. What a great weekend! We had no real plans-so we got shopping done, cookies baked, tree up and decorated....

2. Candy Cane Lane-If you live in the Milwaukee area and you've never been-it's pretty great. I know I know...most think what are a few houses worth of Christmas lights? But this is block after block of every house lit up. Andy and I bundled Eli up and took a walk (no ice or snow means a stroller can go!) down 2 of the longer blocks and talked about which were our favorites etc. Amazing. Love that it is so close to our house.

3.A busy Monday at work-it's always hard to go back to work after an excellent weekend. But when I'm busy, it's easier to leave Eli because the time goes so fast and then all of a sudden--WOW I'm home with him.

4. A nice crock pot with a timer-this allowed me to produce a yummy roast yesterday. I know Andy loves when I make a meat/potatoes/vegetable meal. Home cooking. I'm always proud too. A crock pot makes it so easy-just plunk it in with some of my favorite flavorful vegetables and let it go!

5. The Internet-how did I ever live without it? My mom had some computer problems recently and didn't have the Internet for a few days. Oh my gosh-how would you find a phone number or an address--or directions--or a recipe etc etc etc.

3 comments:

Ross Family said...

I love the picture of Eli standing up, he looks like a small but yet big boy and a mini Andy! Love the picture of him smiling in his reindeer outfit, he is absolutely adorable!!

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Love all the pictures! Can't wait to see him in 2 weeks! Yikes - lots to do!

Anonymous said...

Love your updates. Am so proud of you, Andy, and Eli for working so hard at sitting up, getting out of the house and enjoying decorations, setting up a christmas tree, and just being a family. I love the "Grandpa Bob" shirt! HAHAHAHAH
Colleen