I told Andy...."This is where I like to be". I like to be by water. In a boat. On the beach. On the dock. Swimming in the water. Fishing. Riding on the water. I like to walk around marinas and look at all the big, beautiful boats. I don't need sunshine but sometimes that makes it glisten more.
So I'm lucky to have a man who truly loves to pack up the car, spur of the moment, and get his feet sandy.
Hugh did not want anything to do with the sand. He literally screamed for the first hour. He stood still and cried, not wanting to stand in the grittiness.
(The next shots are all Hughie standing still-he thought we were torturing him)
Eli dug right in. Quite literally.
Finally, after about an hour Hughie became a man. He walked across the sand and even got his feet wet.
I'm so glad he came around, because I know we'll be back to visit this beach multiple times this summer. Both boys rode home in their underwear because we let them get as sandy and as wet as they wanted.
1 comment:
Ha ha ha. I remember Abby was so afraid at that age too. We thought besides the weird texture of sand that maybe it was the sound of the waves. JG
Post a Comment