Friday, June 7, 2013

15 + months

Warning: this may be the longest post I've ever posted, and also-there are a zillion pictures.  I know that MORE pictures doesn't mean or show love, but for this post-it does!

Hughie is 15 months old. Gulp. The other day I stared at him and tipped my head thinking about how just 1 short year ago he was sitting in a swing, or a bouncy seat watching the world go by.  Now he is a true member of this world, taking action and having such a personality.  Time flies.

 You can see it here,  Hughie often hams it up when the camera comes out and smiles SO hard that he will have an under bite. 







Hugh went through a few months where he only wanted to snuggle his mama.  He literally would cling to me all day and want to be held.  It was so precious, a little annoying and a quick stage that I miss, sorta.  I want it written in history because I am the one who most often picks up the camera and therefore most pictures of Hughie are with Andy. 




Why can't kids just play with toys?




We thought he was saying "Tickle tickle tickle" but instead we have figured it out.  Whenever he sees a train he says "chuga chuga chuga" (but it comes out sound like "ticka ticka ticka" and then he opens his mouth in an "O"  for the "Whoo hoo" train whistle.  I never want to forget this. 


Hugh is a picky eater now. he throws whatever he doesn't want on the floor.  This makes him Bailee's best friend.  His favorites are scrambled eggs, bananas (all fruit), cucumber, crackers and cheese.  He'll take a pass on anything that I have to feed him on a spoon (yogurt, applesauce), most meat and often times old favorites of noodles and toast are also thrown. 



Hugh has big feet and is outgrowing shoes left and right.  He has 4 molars already. 


His first real word (other then attempts of momma, daddy, dog) is cracker.  It comes out as "cack-er" but it's so cute. He does "more" in sign language when he wants more and when he wants to say please.

Hugh prefers to run and climb.  He is a dare devil, always trying to stand in and on things that roll or move.  He has had an obsession with the stairs and if he per chance makes it up the first 3 steps (they are gated but sometimes Eli leaves the gate open) and I stop him he throws a nice 15 month old tantrum.






Hugh likes to dance.  It's hard to describe, but he swings his hands and arms and tries to bounce by stepping on his tip toe of one foot with his other foot flat on the ground.  He ends up looking like he is limping but his full heart is in it. 

Hughie's stats:
33 inches (95th%)
23 lbs 3 oz (55%)
48 cm head (80%)

I'm still in total awe of he blond locks and curls.  They amaze me. I just never would have imagined having a Blondie and I love it. 



Hughie has perfected the tantrum and he does it anytime he cannot have what he wants, which ends up being quite often.  Sometimes it's so ridiculous that it is funny.  Sometimes.  These tantrums include loud screaming that may have the neighbors wondering.  He flops on the floor and his body goes rigid and he does anything he can to get close to something so he can hit his head so then he can cry louder.  I know he does this on purpose.  Then I have to hug him.  Because I'm such a mom that way.  One day he threw his fit while we tried to get him in the car. He also had a "cack-er" in his mouth so he was half choking, body rigid.  So I took him out of the car, I caved and gave in and let him walk back to the house.  But when he got to the door, which I held open for him, the nice mom that I am, he threw his body down and decided to let his head be IN the house while his feet were outside the house and he screamed with his "cack-er" in his mouth.  I wonder if the neighbors are calling a meeting.



If you ask Hughie to point at his noise he scrunches up his face and blows out his nose like he is blowing into a tissue. 

He likes to pull on Bailee's ears.  He loves Eli but it isn't clear if he is trying to say his big brothers name yet.

He still wakes up at night.  He is usually crying for very short time spurts, but it's enough to hurt my heart and sometimes it's enough to wake me up.  I have stopped hoping for the chance to proclaim "He slept through the night!" but I still worry he won't ever be able to share a bedroom with his big brother.


BOOM

 BOOM


BOOM



Last 3 shots taken by http://www.thermusphotography.com/

Boom.  The photo explosion bomb is complete.

I love you Hugh, Hughie, Hugh-Lou, Louie, Loudie. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the details! Our babies are so similar in so many ways, but they each have their own little nuances. Fun to watch them grow up together. I too love his curly blonde locks :)
T

Lynne said...

loved this. i was reading at work and had to stop and shut the door as i started giggeling out loud while reading about the tantrum in the car with the cracker in his mouth! lol i can't wait for tylin and hugh to play... they sound SO much alike- i love it. loved all the pictures and was glad there was at least ONE of you with him :)

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

What a special Hugh-Lou tribute!! Love all the details. This is why we blog...to share the small, the simple, the things that tug at our heartstrings...even with ourselves years down the road.
His hair is AWESOME and that smile is to be cherished. Love that I am seeing him so regularly!! Gotta love you, hughie.
pw

Anonymous said...

What a great update! Thank you for sharing so much of Hugh! Love seeing him in action!
Colleen

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Love that little man...bruiser is what grandma barb calls him. He is one busy guy. Love his curls and his blond and can't wait to see him get dirty at the cottage! And FYI...there is no such thing as too many pictures.