So...he turned 32.
You better believe that even with Valentines Day and Hugh's 1st birthday hoopla that we didn't forget about Andy. Eli worked hard on some cards and we baked a gluten free cake (which Andy picked out). We hung the Happy Birthday banner and made him a special breakfast.
I planned a little outing for his birthday and even though it got changed up at the last minute (Because my dad broke his ankle in multiple spots on Andy's birthday so Grandma Barb couldn't babysit because OH MY GOSH DAD/GRANDPA BOB!) but we still had a really nice time.
![]() |
| Sorry it's blurry but here we are, ready to go out...minutes before the call from my dad |
Andy is the guy who makes my world go round. And I'm not just saying that. If you've ever been with me when I'm away from him then you know how often I check in with him. I feel safer, warmer, more myself with him. And I'm not just saying that either. Sounds cheesy right? But I really lucked out with him. Marriage has not been hard for us. It HAS been a walk in the park. It's the one part of my life that has been easy peasy. And I say that with confidence even though you are probably rolling your eyes.
So many people know that Andy is such a wonderful husband. I know it, you know it, she knows it (he probably knows it). And I'm proud of it-so I don't hide it. (I also secretly like to think that he is such a good husband because I am a good wife and make him happy too! Is that ok to think?) One day my friend texted me the best compliment ever and I wrote it down. I never want to forget it. Ever.
"You're a goooooood woman. Like sooo good. You're a great match, you and Andy. I love to watch him in action. I always learn from you both. I just think you and him are sooooo good to each other. So in tune. So content. Never jealous or hurtful to each other. Like perfect pair. Sometimes I'm jealous of what you have. I wish my husband and I would always act that way. You're so exactly unconditional. And it's amazing to see, I love it."
Man! I feel the same way so it is nice to see that others can identify this about us. And I hope that some how, some way I am able to give back to Andy all the joy, ease, help, laughs, comfort and love that I am lucky to get from him.
But Andy isn't only known for being a great husband. In his 31st year of life he became a dad of his second son. He mowed the lawn, shoveled the driveway, washed the dishes, laundered the clothes, changed the oil, baked the gluten free cookies, rubbed my feet, lost 20 pounds, helped my dad carry up the Christmas tree, picked out new windows, ran two 10K races, went fishing, planned a surprise trip to Door County for our Anniversary, fixed a few lights in the house that I never thought would work, finished the Tough Mudder and made so many laugh, among many, many other things.
There are so many words I would use to describe Andy, the 32 year old Birthday Boy: Decent, hard working, fun, nice, helpful, funny, relaxed, sensitive, laid back, loyal, easy to please, athletic, simple, family man, adventurous, responsible, well liked....the list goes on and on. What word can you add to the list to describe this man?
Happy birthday Andy (A little late).


3 comments:
Thoughtful - he always finds a way for special occasions or when you have been down to really surprise you with something great. You really lucked out with that guy.
you guys are adorable :) i love this! happy birthday ANDY!
Awesome post. Andy is helpful and a great host and a tease and loves to plan surprises and is an intense competitor. We love him.
Post a Comment