Friday, March 8, 2013

12 Months

Dear Hughie,



You are 1 now.



12 big 'ol months!
We made it. We survived all the infant scares.
Cheers to all the generic phrases that pertain to you:
-Such a good baby, cute baby, adorable
-You light up my life, I adore you, I cherish every moment I have with you
-You are my sunshine, you brighten my every day
-I can't help but smile when you are around



Boo hoo to the only thing that does not fit this picture-you don't sleep through the night.



You checked out with Dr. B perfectly. 
Height:  31.5 inches (93%)
Weight: 21 lbs 11 oz  (54%)
Head Circumference: 47.5 cm  (85th%)




Nicknames: Hughie, Hugh Lou, Louie, Hugh to the Lou, Hugh Master, Loodie lou, Hughster, Hubert, Lou-Lou
You've been a healthy boy and haven't needed doctor visits or medications.  Thank you for that.



Did you know you are hyper color?  Even the doctor noticed.  If we touch you-it shows up.  Red marks on your forehead, arms, bottom, legs, feet, fingers, nose-everywhere.  You show off quite a strong rash if Daddy decides to give you kisses.



You love to have someone take your socks and shoes off for you.  It brings a big smile on your face.  You got this from me.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, you furrow your brow when you eat.  You are meticulous in picking up each bite of food as you put it safely in your mouth.  In the last 2 weeks you have started throwing food you don't want onto the floor.  This frustrates dad but makes Bailee's day.  You're favorite foods are fruit, veggies, noodles, cheese and black beans.  You are now drinking whole milk out of a sippy cup and a bottle.

You still only have 8 teeth. You are trying to run after your brother and follow his lead whenever you can. 


One of the cutest things going on around here now is that you are fitting into 12 month clothes.  Most of your outfits and jammies are straight up hand me downs from your big brother. But Eli didn't wear most of these clothes until he was 2 years old.  It makes it seem like all the outfits are new because a toddeling one year old wearing these clothes is much different from a confident 2 year old.  I love it. 



You desire bath time.  You scream and yell but play silently by yourself in the other room.You can say "more" in sign language but mostly you just hold your arms out straight and clamp your hands in and out, squeezing your hands in and out of fists.  If Dad or I sit on the floor you run to us and we better have our arms ready for you because you throw yourself into us earlier than expected.  You love to be held, but you love to be on the move.  You love attention but you don't like it if Dad talks to you sternly. 



This is the year that I've gotten some of my best compliments.  So many friends and family noticed how happy I seem.  Happier than I have ever been.  And I know you contribute a big part to that.  What better complement is there?  "You seem so happy" is something I will take with me forever and I hope you hold that near to your heart since you play a big role.  There is just something about YOU that connects to ME and I love that. I need it.  You fit perfectly nestled in my arm at bedtime.  It's generic but it's true-I am just so blessed.

You're little personality continues to emerge and I truly can't wait to see what will happen in this next year of your special life. 

Amaze me. Smile at me. Love me. Make me laugh. Grow big, grow strong. Stay healthy. Learn a lot.
In return and just because, I will do anything you need.  I want to teach you, love you, cuddle you, see you, smell you, hold you, guide you, and be the perfect mom for you. 

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Awwwww. Love this. Love that Hugh! Wish I had more real face to face time with the little guy!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

I especially like the first pic! So so special. Make a copy and use as bookmark or tuck into mirror in your room. I would. All the pics (mostly) are sooooo happy!!
Pw

Lynne said...

love this! i want him and tylin to get together to play sometime soon!