1. Swimming lesson instructor
2. Mail Carrier (Back then I called it mailman)
3. Librarian (Specifically reading books and showing pictures during story time)
Now that I'm a mom, I am lucky to do all those jobs above.
I get in the pool with Eli and I read book after book after book.
But mail carrier...am I a mail carrier?
Yes I am! I recently bought these ultra cute mailboxes from the dollar section at Target. I bought one for each boy. I set it out on the table and during the week before Valentines Day I decided to put a treat in each one every day. The boys all loved it. (And when I came home from work on Monday there was a mailbox for ME too. I can't believe Andy went and bought one for me!)
When Valentines day is over we will put these mailboxes away and bring them out again next year. This will keep the excitement of being a mail carrier alive.
So whether you get excited about Valentines Day or you hate the holiday, let me tell you that someone out there is thinking about you and loving you.
(And as a side note-this is a cute book that Eli and I have read over and over and over-If you have a child under the age of 5, you should see if your library has it):
4 comments:
So sweet of Andy to get you a mailbox! What a neat idea too. Thanks for the book recommendation - I just put it on hold at our Library website =). Happy Valentine's Day! Jamie Trampe
love the mailboxes and LOVE that andy got you one :) happy valentines day tomorrow!
Lucky girl to have a hubby who thinks likeandy does. U 2 are always good about surprises etc. I remember when you were a mailbox for Halloween! Sis sarah
LOVE the mailboxes and love that Clothesline Clues book - found the mail girl in almost every photo, which was a surprise, right Eli? Greta post and so touching that Andy got you a mailbox too, aww...
Post a Comment