Thursday, February 7, 2013

Addendum and Update

Addendum to my top 10 list...

I reread, after looking at a few other blog posts about top 10 lists.  It's official.  I am removing #8.  I am taking off "watch movies with Andy" and moving that down to #11.  I still do like to watch movies but this was something I was much more skilled at before kids were in the picture. Now I fall asleep during the opening scenes if it's past 7 pm.  So....I am changing it to
#8- Live music.  I love listening to live music. Could be a choir concert, live jazz band at a bar with my parents, could be a solo guitar and singer, could be a huge rock or country band.  Could be a high school concert band.  But I love it.  I specifically like listening with Andy and people watching, but anyone is free to join me.

Updates...on my 2013 goals found here.  It's only been 1 month but here is how I'm doing.

1.  New gluten free recipes: YES! I've been doing this.  I've been much more diligent about cooking and trying new things.  This is such a good goal for me.

2.  Treadmill-yep-doing it. Thanks to my sister for encouraging me and reminding me. Andy and I have also been doing a workout video which is good for different muscles I don't use often. It's also good for a laugh (Shared between Andy and I during).

3.  Live music- not yet!

4.  More water: yes, about a 25% increase.  Some days I push it and increase by 50%. My goal is to double what I usually do.  It's forced but so what...I'm doing it right? 

5.  The only soda IIIII have bought is for Hughie's birthday party we are having.  There was a sale so I bought for the party.

6.  Sleep more- not yet

7.  Pack lighter-trying but not yet proud of this

8.  Garden and farmers market: not yet, waiting on the weather to change-but I did buy bok choy and try that.  Anyone use bok choy in anything other than stir fry? Looking for ideas because it is sold in large bunches. 

9.  10 minutes of clean up: This is awesome. It works. Eli is even asking for "chores" now!  10 minutes 5 out of 7 days of the week.  He now knows how to empty the silverware from the dishwasher. He also can put his clothes in his dresser. LOVE!

10. Andy's goal---I have yet to announce what it is.  It is really hard and I don't feel successful with it yet.  I'm working on it but it's really out of my league (Thanks Andy). 

How are you doing with your goals?

2 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

I want to know what Andy's goal for u is!

Sarah Wroblewski said...

I want to know what Andy's goal for u is!