Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Holiday

Our holiday season is complete.  I'm sad.  It went really fast.  Life went from Halloween to 2013 in a blink of an eye.  We experienced a little bit of everything.  We saw lights, decorated the house, had An Elf on the Shelf, listened to carols, dabbled in a little bit of baking, winter art projects, shopping and more shopping to lead up to all the fun time we were blessed to spend with family.

This year only I got sick.  And my stomach bug got me on Christmas night-it timed itself just right-between weekend travels to visit family.  This year we did not have to bring Eli to the ER for anything.  So we survived. 

We gave tons of gifts and received even more.  Eli did really well saying his thank you's and truly loved everything he got.  We are slowly playing with each new thing and learning how fun it is to get surprises.  I also got so many great gifts. But my very favorite of all (and this sounds so cheeseballish but is so true) was the gift of Eli with his cousins.  He was in his glory each weekend playing with all the kids.  It was a gift to see his cheeks red and round from his happiness and it was a gift to let him go on his own and not bug ask me to play with him all day long.  He has cousins of all ages (and mostly boys) and the time spent with them was worth more than any beautifully wrapped package.

Here are my favorite shots---as many other blogs I've been reading-it's hard to pick just a few.  So scroll slow or fast through.





I love this shot because of the pure joy I can see in Eli's face as he talks to his cousin












And so here we go....Moving on right
into 2013.  Wow.  I'm ready but I'm not ready. 
I think it's pretty obvious what will consume me this coming year-a lot of trouble ;)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boys are too cute. Looks like a fun couple of weeks :)
T

Nora said...

Love all the pictures Raina! That's so great that Eli got to hang out with cousins. That would have been my favourite part too :) Also, love that vintage sled that Hugh's hanging out in. How cute is that!

Lynne said...

love the pictures! wish i could comment on each one lol glad things went well- hugh is really growing up fast! and i don't really know henry and charlie, but they sure do look grown up now!!
HUGS to you all :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Beautiful picture of your whole side of the family. Those are the pictures I cherish JG

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

every single stinking picture of elijah holds a gigantic grin! I LOVE IT! he is soooo happy with his buddies/cousins! so special. i love it. i love all the shots you got..the sledding, the puzzles, eating..everything!
merry christmas, moving on!
pw

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

You had great Christmas celebraions. Yes, Joy. Eli has it all the time. So funny to see Andy's side of the family. I forget that we aren't the only ones in Eli's life for cousins and aunts and uncles. He is loved and loves so many. Can't wait til he comes to visit.