Thursday, January 3, 2013

Twenty Thirteen

Happy New Year!



2012 will be a year I'll never forget.  It started in great anticipation-boy/girl/boy/girl I wondered every night before I went to sleep. And all day. And every time I moved.
Hugh came nice and easy and was a mellow fellow.  Eli grew from a busy toddler to "a kid" right before my eyes.  Both of my boys are amazing.


  Andy and I have been steady this year, not making many changes but enjoying each day as it comes.

Favorite Song of 2012: James Morisson "I Won't Let You Go" (Runners Up: "Ho Hey" By The Lumineers, "Without You" by David Guetta and Usher, and "Yellow" by Alex Parks)
Favorite Book read in 2012: Room and Gone Girl
Favorite Gluten Free food of 2012: Mom's new potato and zucchini pancakes with warm corn salsa
Favorite Movie of 2012:  Hunger Games (1 of 3 movies I saw in the theatre this year)
Best Change of 2012: Going part time
Favorite party: Schneider/Bateman wedding

So what's up for next year.  I don't know. We don't have any major plans. We will go on 2 family trips (hopefully).  Hugh will turn 1, Eli  4 and Bailee just turned 9.  I have a  few goals which to me is not the same as a resolution but I suppose you can view it that way. 

1. Try 1 new gluten free recipe every 2 weeks.  That is 2 meals/month which is at least 24 NEW meals this year.  I have fallen into a trap of making what I know, what is easy or what is in the house instead of venturing out and trying new recipes.   (I made a gf asparagus Parmesan risotto on Jan 1st and it was a success).

2.  Resume running on the treadmill.  Goal is minimum of 3 times/week.  No mile, speed or weight goal.  Just to be active.

3. Live music-this past year we didn't go to any real big concerts.  Andy and I love live music and this year I want to see SOMEBODY.

4.   Drink more water. This one I'm serious about.  I only pee in the morning and at night before I go to bed. Sometimes I pee when I get home from work when I change out of my work clothes.  Rarely do I go at work.  That's not a good sign.  It means I'm not drinking enough. 

5. Unrelated to the goal above I want to stop buying soda. ( I say unrelated because soda is not the reason I don't drink enough water).    I am not a regular soda drinker but if it's there, I will grab one for a caffeine fix occasionally--it's my coffee I guess.  It's a total waste of money.  I won't give it up totally-because what's a play date with PW without it. Oh and it goes well with rum after a long week.  But we don't need to buy it or have it in the house. 

6. Sleep more:---this is a must. It has to happen.  Hugh-are you listening?

7. Pack lighter: I hate how I think so hard and so long before I go anywhere about what I will need.  Then I need to haul this heavy bag of stuff  around and usually only use 1 item. 

8. Garden and farmers market. Enough said.  This is my year.

9.  10 minutes of clean up: I decided that it is time to make cleaning more of a "regular" instead of just when it looks messy. I told Eli today that when Hugh goes down for his morning nap, the first thing we will do is 10 minutes of clean up. And I don't meant the toys that are laying around.  I mean clean something that needs to be tidied or cleaned.  Today we picked up all his books in his bedroom.  He was on board, especially when I set out the timer and told him we'd do Legos after. 

10. I'm leaving this one blank.  My 10th goal will be something Andy picks out for me and I'm guessing that besides the water--this one will be the most challenging. 



From our family to yours....have a happy and healthy 2013. 



3 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics and LOVE all your goals.
You always are such a motivator and encourager. I hope I can be for you this year.

Lynne said...

love this. thanks rainer. your family pictures turned out really GREAT! i'm jealous lol you have such an amazing family... i love seeing it. and i love your goals. you're so motivated! i need to do more, so thanks for the inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. My favorite one is the one of you in the background kissing. So beautiful. Just totally captures your family to me. So much love!! Can't wait to hear about all your recipes. That's a fun one. I'll have to do that next year. I know you'll accomplish these goals with gusto. Happy New Year!! JG