What's going on around here?
Just hanging out and movin' on. Literally Hughie continues to move on. He's walking up a storm and it makes me laugh. I lliterally laugh out loud to see when he decides to walk. Arms in the air. Ready to throw himself forward when he is done, hoping to land somewhere soft and fluffy and safe.
He's been called Hugh-ser the Bruiser. He definitely has rough knees from his passionate crawling but has had scrape after cut after bruise already on his face. Love that boy.
Here he is:
MOVING ON
Eli is doing a good job himself of moving right along. As usual. I can't tell you how big of a boy he seemed when I took him in the pool for his swim lessons. Not a baby any more. Gulp. He says the best things. The most funny things. This is the best age for words coming out of his mouth. More than once a day Andy and I share a laugh over the things he says. I could have a whole blog devoted to him and his funny little mind.
He is getting ready for school. Big boy school. Since I am home with him more I try to do something related to learning daily. He likes it. No he loves it. He thrives. He wants me to sit right next to him and talk him through the activity. He wants praise. He wants to sharpen his pencil. He wants to show Daddy when he comes home. He wants to do 1 more page in his workbook. He is proud and he should be. I love that he has an interest in learning. Here is what we did yesterday.
He is learning, slowly, yes slowly, to trace letters and try to write them by himself. I am not sure how important it is that he holds the pencil correctly but often I find that my heart starts beating hard with frustration that he could be so much more neat, tidy, efficient with his letter writing if he was holding the pencil well. It is hard because when I try to show him, me using my left hand, we both study how the fingers are gripping. but no matter how long and how often we look, we can't get it right when he tries to hold it with his right hand. I'm hoping Mrs. Teacher: For the Love of Naps could maybe help with that next week when we visit? Otherwise it is something I'm just going to let go and he will just get it on his own-this I'm sure.
That's what is going on around here. We have a free weekend coming up and plan to get some stuff done around the house. I continue with my goals for the year, drinking more water, treadmill and even new recipes (besides the risotto, I have made cauliflower soup, lettuce wraps and cauliflower/broccoli soup).
Andy's goal for me is yet to be revealed to my readers. But he has set a goal for me. I'll post some updates when I feel I am accomplishing it. It's a tough one!
2 comments:
Eli's ability to focus seriously amazes me. I couldn't get Simon to write letters over and over like that no matter how much I bribed him!! Don't worry about the pencil, he is doing a great job no matter how he's holding it :) And boy does Hughie look OLD standing there like that!! Too cute.
T
both of your boys are amazing! thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment