This is the first year you really enjoyed Halloween. Anytime someone said "October" you yelled "It's almost Halloween!" I loved it.
At first you thought you were going to dress up as "Choc-o-late". But we showed your you costume that you borrowed from a friend and it fit perfectly. It was nice and warm and it suited you perfectly.
![]() |
| There you are Mr. Monkey |
![]() |
| See the banana in your pocket? |
| This is your favorite house in our neighborhood Eli-you always ask if the Black Catty's will be awake today! |
The first hour went perfect but you started to slow down. You were walking slower and your pumpkin got heavy. Then it started raining. So we headed home-but my favorite parts were
-One family brought out a banana instead of candy since you are a monkey
-A few houses I could tell that some of the older ladies REALLY loved you in your costume and they were surprised you could say the right words.
-When you turned around after looking in your pumpkin and said "A bar mama?" (a candy bar!)
-Sometimes you looked at me and said "More candy?"
The second trick or treating experience was different because we went at night. Oooooh this was very special too. We went from house to house with a few friends (Snow White and her dwarf-Sneezy and also Spiderman). These houses were further apart and there was a lot more running. There was a lot of attempting to touch candle lit pumpkins, there was excitement over any house with a dog and some wagon riding. On the way home I let you have your first Halloween candy: a small pack of M&M's. I gave you one piece at a time. Each time you asked what color it was, but it was too dark to see. That little package lasted the whole car ride home (which would have taken me 2-3 mouthfuls).
Alright monkey boy...I just wanted to let you know how much you made Halloween mean to me.I hope you had as much fun as it looked like. I know the next 5-10 years will bring new Halloween memories and as you get older and more independent I won't get the chance to walk to each house with you. But just for the record, just so you know, I'll want to!
Love,
Mama


2 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the monkey costume- the banana definately completes the costume! SOOO cute :)
Perfect Costume! So adorable! I felt the same way this year with Jack---could not get enough of him in his costume and seeing how grown up he was going to each house!
Colleen
Post a Comment