Friday, November 4, 2011

Grace in the small things #?

I can't remember the last time I did this. I guess I'm due.

1. Last night I went to my special cousin E's play. It was called "Jury Room" and it was great.  I think she has one more play in her before she graduates and I'll be sad not to have her events to attend. So much fun.

2. I haven't been feeling that great today and have had sort of a long week so tonight I decided to stay home with Eli while Andy goes out to celebrates a birthday for a friend of ours.  I enjoyed the alone time with Eli.  Right now I can hear him over the monitor singing in his crib: Little Teapot, Twinkle Twinkle and Happy Birthday.  Love the happy babble...hope it doesn't turn into tears.

3. I left work late today-I'm very grateful for both of Eli's day care ladies who are very flexible and understand that we appreciate the extra unplanned minutes that they have to care for our special lil man. 

4. On the way home from the play last night, I somehow got lost.  Is it pregnancy brain? I had the GPS going too!  I must not have been listening.  I had the music cranked up and was enjoying the drive.  It was dark out and all of a sudden I was driving through and by down town.  I loved looking at all the downtown activity and lights. Even though it took me off course by 10-15 minutes I was in bliss.  Driving on the "noodle" or what used to be, at my pace, with nobody telling me where every truck was etc.  It was a blessing in disguise. 

5. Eli is starting to listen more and more.  I'm amazed.  Now if he runs ahead he will stop when we tell him too. I thought this would never happen.

6. One of my friends toddlers has been growing at a great, steady rate and I'm just so darn happy that the stress of feeding her child will be slowly disappearing.

7. The plan is for me to go part time. There is a true plan in motion and I will not let myself get scared out of it.  I truly believe this will be a good thing for me, my kids, my husband etc.  I pray that I can get my act together and be the mom I want to be, while continuing with a career. 

8. The other day I was getting ready to leave work for the day and realized that I hadn't even spent 10 minutes (Which would have been minimal compared to other days) wallowing in gluten free pain.  I hadn't even thought about it once that whole day.  I ate gluten free but didn't even think about it.  I didn't think "I have celiac disease" or "Do I really have it?" all day. 

9.  Everything in my pregnancy is going really good.  That's all I can say about that.

10.  Here's one to laugh at...because Andy is not home I have soft music on and yes that's right-you are hearing me right-it is Christmas music. HA!  I'm not quite ready for Christmas but I am feelin' it right now, so I have it on.  Laugh your hearts out, but I have found that since having Eli that holidays are even more exciting. The pure joy over every little aspect of each holiday is magic.  It allows for me to feel the excitement and kid-at-heart natural feelings of having a family at a holiday.

This weekend...I'm hoping for:
-A little extra rest to get me prepared for next week
-Peace of mind for a friend who's little man struggles with a health condition that is so very stressful (that's you CF)
-Breakfast out at a new restaurant-hoping for some gluten free hashbrowns, with some eggs and fruit maybe?
- A happy transition for the time change-aka no messy early am on Sunday!
-Something cooking in the crock pot on Sunday with a Packer win
-An hour to plan meals for the week
-The rest of the leaves to fall off so we can rake and get rid of the leaves before it rains again
-An easy labor for a friend who WILL have her baby within the next 6 days!
Time with my boys (and girl WOOF)

1 comment:

Lynne said...

aww... THANK YOU for the well wishes for an easy labor... i'll keep you posted!!! miss you and hope to see you over christmas!!