
Dear Charley,
Last weekend was so much fun. I wanted to write to you and let you know that I am so proud of you. You were my first nephew and if that wasn't special enough, I got the honor of being your god mother. You will always have a very special place in my heart and my life.But last weekend....that special place got bigger and stronger when I got to see you play soccer!
I know that you are just starting out but it was so fun to stand on the sidelines and cheer you on. From the warm up before the game started, to the pep talk your coach gave you, to watching you cheer on your teammates that scored goals, to the end when you slapped high fives to the opposing team. I remember years and years of Saturday morning soccer with my mom and dad on the sidelines cheering me on. I know that your mom and dad and Henry are rooting for you every week. I know that if you decide that soccer is your sport you'll be a superstar. And if not, I'll cheer you on no matter what it is that you decide to do.
I hope to make it to at least one game each season! Make sure you and your momma hold me to it! You're growing up so fast and I hate being so far away. I feel like I miss a lot of moments. BUT! When we do see each other it's always a very special time. I love your little giggles and each and every one of your "You know what?" moments. I am in awe of the great big brother that you are, how smart you've become, polite, well rounded eater and overall a kind hearted spirit.
LOVE YOU!GO TIGERS!
Love,
Aunt Raina
2 comments:
Dear Aunt Raina,
It was very special to have you come to my game. Thank you for making the long drive. I can't wait to show you each season how I improve!
This post gave my mama tears!
That is so sweet! What could be more precious than seeing a child in a soccer uniform. Very fun to watch them play, glad you were able to go and watch him!
Post a Comment