Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another First

This time it was a first for Mom and Dad.
Andy and I attended a wedding in Arizona. Andy had the honor of standing up in his friend Mike "G"'s wedding. He married a beautiful, calm and fun bride, Andrea.

But the "first" was in the leaving Elijah part.
It was my first night away from the E-bug. And man was it hard! Leaving him was the most difficult part. Getting out of the car and walking into the airport was tough for me. I did pretty well for the rest of the trip but I was able to call Grandma Barb to get updates whenever I wanted. Andy and I had a great time and below are pics to prove it.
The trip was:
great but hard
relaxing but stressful
exciting but calm
busy but steady
hot but perfect
nice but scary

Eli seemed to cope really well and seemed confused when we showed up back in his life. But after about a 30 second pause...he was all smiles for Andy and I.

6 comments:

Barb said...

wooooooooo hooooooooooo I knew in the end you two would have fun! Looks like you did and what a wonderful place Scottsdale is to visit. Eli and I were in heaven together, he not as giggly as usual when mom, dad and B are home, but calm, cool and collected ... and happy too. Many smiles and hugs were enjoyed.

Colleen O-C said...

Congrats!!! You did it! I'm not ready for the day I leave Orla behind... you should be proud of yourself and Eli for doing such a great job! And the photos look like it was worth it! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun for you guys! Looks like you guys had a great time! And what a wonderful mom and grandma you have to spend time with Eli so you and Andy can go and do that stuff once and awhile!

Oh and the dress you wore at the wedding, I think I have that dress or one that looks very similar to it.

Anonymous said...

That was from GERK Ross!

Lynne said...

raina- you are the luckiest momma... looks like you had a great trip and eli was well taken care of by grandma :) miss you and HUGS to all

Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun and survived just fine! first trip away is hardest but helps make future getaways easier...and a little more frequent!
so many nice shots of the two of you, too!!
pw