Friday, January 20, 2017

Hugh Lou Reads

I remember when Eli started reading and I was in disbelief.  I LOVE to read.  It's on the top of my list for hobbies so it is very important to me that my kids enjoy it and understand that it isn't just "homework".  Hugh is a totally different boy from Eli and I never expected him to start reading as early as Eli.  I told myself to not put the pressure on him and to not even let myself wonder when it will happen---because when they go to school--each kid finds their way, gets their footing and takes off.  I could hear Hugh Lou in the backseat of the car sounding out words on signs and billboards but I still just let their teachers do their thing.  he has different 4K teachers than Eli has and he is sent home letters to practice writing and to review the different sounds they all make.  But he wasn't sent home any sight words like Eli did.  Evidently Hugh hasn't needed or started sight words yet.  But he is darn good at sounding out words and now is able to identify a whole bunch of words in books. I am so proud of him and feel a little braggy about this but you know what---he's the middle child and deserves a shout out.
GO HUGH GO --you amaze me every day! 


2 comments:

Lynne said...

no way!! super impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Haven't checked in here for awhile. Amazing and wonderful all in one! And grandpa Bob and I were lucky to get to hear Hugh read in person while we were babysitting. Hughie, I hope you continue to love reading all of your life. Grandma Barb